transfer case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer case

dose anyone know what transfer case came in an 89 f150 i have the tag off of it it has multipul numbers on it they are
    h138
    e8ta-c
    1356-25
    dose anyone know what any of these are and know what elese i can get a new one out of

Thanks
    Nick

Borg warner maybe but unsure of the #'s.
    sigpic

Comment

I think I recognize 1356 as a Borg-Warner number...

Here's a site that has some pics of a BW 1356... does it look like this?

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/139/13379
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

That should be a Borg warner 1356, like Brad said.
        91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

thats what it looks like but it has a slip yoke and what its doin is stickin between 4 high and 2 high can anyone help me on how to fix this the shifter is all the way forward but you can hear what sounds like two gears rubbin teeth any way to fix it without taken it apart or replacein it??

Comment

Make sure the linkage is all moving freely and make sure its all tight. Sounds like the shift forks arnt moving all the way.
            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

alright thanks ill check that out next time i see my cousin and dose anyone have one or know of one for sale?

Comment

As already mentioned the base model is a Borg-Warner 1356. The "-25" suffix is the specific model/version of 1356. A lot of F-150s and fullsize Broncos of this era should have the same transfer case, though I don't know the specifics of any minor changes that may have occurred (I'm a Chevy guy).

Make sure the shifter mechanism is not the issue. Follow the shifter back to where it hooks to the t-case, should be a little arm sticking out of the t-case. Unhook the shifter and manually move the arm to the different positions......if everything works okay the shifter is out of adjustment, if the issue stays then likely internal t-case issue.

Just remember to block the tires so you don't get run over when you shift the t-case into neutral while laying underneath it.

Comment

Working...
                X