have 2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have 2 questions

#1 truck in Park T-case in 4 low rear axil no play at all front axil has play is this normal or should the front be tight also ????

#2 truck lights pulsate when running they are steady when not running Altenator was checked out Ok at autozone Battery checked out ok on batery tester at home any thoughts ???????
    86 Ford Bronco

#1 - OK
    #2 - Voltage regulator
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Comment

as far as your first question we would need to know where you are feeling this play and how you are duplicating it.

second did you take the battery and alternator off to have them checked if so then i would say that you have a poor connection or faulty battery cables bad ground etc.

dont know if this helps but maybe it will get people thinking
      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
        as far as your first question we would need to know where you are feeling this play and how you are duplicating it.

second did you take the battery and alternator off to have them checked if so then i would say that you have a poor connection or faulty battery cables bad ground etc.

dont know if this helps but maybe it will get people thinking
        Very impressive Lisa.

Comment

the drive shaft in the front will turn maybe 1/4 inch or so where the rear will not move at all

Hope Springs Hauler

will check the voltage regulater may just go get one it's only $16.99

Thanks all
          86 Ford Bronco

Comment

#1 - probably not an issue. Did you only try this once, as in not moving the truck slightly and checking both the front and rear again? The diffs will always have a small amount of play if you try to turn the driveshafts while the truck is sitting still. The ring and pinions, if properly setup, should have a small amount of backlash between them (meaning the pinion can turn a very slight amount before meshing with the ring gear).

#2 - I would also check the wiring for loose connections or a bad ground, especially before spending any money.....a part may only be $16.99 but if you don't need it that is the same as throwing $16.99 out the window while you drive down the freeway.

Comment

true it hass all new batter cables I need to look at the voltage reulater and check them wires
              86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Working...
              X