dana 35 welded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dana 35 welded

until i get rid of my 35 i want better traction a crazy thought crossed my mind of welding it i have done some research there was bad and not so bad things about doing it.....wondering what you guys think.... oh yeah i do drive it a short distance to work and around town

Have extra parts and be ready to replace them. It will hold up with 30" all terrain tires on moderate trails for a little while.
    sigpic

Comment

weld it up , I have beat the crap out of past D-35's that I welded up and ran 33" tires . The axles are junk so don't put a dime into it . make sure you weld the spider gears solid and weld them to the carrier. Run the welded 35 until you find an 8.8 and then put a locker in that or just weld that one up to , that what I'm running now.

Comment

i got 33 km2s and there are some shafts on CL for 20 bucks im goin to buy them for back up...one other question will it be worth it traction wise vs. playing it safe with keeping it open

Comment

Heck yeah!! weld it up and run her till she blows...Good idea having spare axle shafts with you.

Good Luck

Nick
          Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
          Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I'm with Nick... (I usually am!)

I ran my 35 locked on 34s for years.

I always worried about it, but I never broke it.

Besides carrying the shafts, you may want to tear your down and put it back together, so (1) you're familiar with the process when/if you have to do it trailside, and (2) everything is fresh and anti-seized, for when/if...

Robert
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

well it looks like im goin to do it...thanks

Comment

Just make sure it is welded really solid...don't be afraid to really lay down some weld bead.

And also make sure you can still get the c-clips in and and out!

Comment

Working...
                X