http://forum.torcoffroad.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=413

I'm hoping to, anybody else?

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

ill go i been wanting to check this place out

Comment

Cool!

We can meet at the Florence/Union reststop about 8:30 if you want, or at the park about 9.

See ya!

Robert

Comment

Man I Wish I could go.But.....

Second of five grad parties.

Nick
        Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
        Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

My guess is that I'm gonna have to work. Won't know for sure til Thurs prolly. Either way, save me a passenger seat on the next one...
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I think I can make it there and I ll bring some buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
              My guess is that I'm gonna have to work. Won't know for sure til Thurs prolly...
              Well, I know that sometimes work has to come first. But if you can make it, last minute notice is fine. Friday night, even Saturday morning, gimme a call.

Originally posted by NKYJEEPSTER View Post
              I think I can make it there and I ll bring some buddies.
              The more the merrier, how many are you thinking about?

And should we wait for you at the reststop?

See ya

Robert

Comment

I actually live about 10 minutes from that place so I ll just head down there, I have never wheeled there before, what kind of trails do they have, was thinking about bringing my JK out for a ride.

Comment

Something else that everybody should know about the 491 Park, you have to drive your rig to the park, park rules say the vehicle must be street legal and driven to the site, they don't have room for trucks and trailers to park. I was told about this from the owner of the park. Please let everyone know that all vehicles have to be driven there. Someone should let the TORC guys know that to.

Comment

Yep, you're right.

This'll be my third trip down with some of the TORC guys, so yeah, we're aware of the deal with trailers. Good info though.

There is a WalMart one exit down at DryRidge, where a guy could unload and leave the tow rig. The park's about 15 miles from there.

The place is kinda small, just a couple hundered acres. But it's been nice n quiet the couple of times we've been there, basically had the whole thing to ourselves. Not like Haspin.

The trails aren't terribly difficult, just kind of tight, even when it was dry.

When it was wet, like it might be after the rain this week, it could be quite a challenge keeping between the trees. A lot of the trails are just far enough off-camber, and the mud is full of clay, so it can get awfully slick.

A bigger rig, like your JK, may have to work pretty hard to stay out of trouble.

If you've still got that 7, I might suggest it instead!

See ya

Robert

Comment

is the rest stop on 75 and whats the best way coming from fairfield 275 to 75 to exit what?

Comment

Originally posted by jmb8813 View Post
                        is the rest stop on 75 and whats the best way coming from fairfield 275 to 75 to exit what?
                        Yes the rest area is on I-75 around mm176. It's between Florence and Richwood exits. Yep just shoot down I-75 south .

Dang'it!! wish I could go........

Nick
                        Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                        Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Yep, what Nick said.

75 south into kentucky, just past the Mt Zion exit 178. Can't miss it.

491 is another 15-20 miles / 30 minutes from there.

See ya 'bout 8:30!

Robert

Comment

Well, sorry nobody else could make it, but the rest of us had a hell of a time.

I led Jamie (jmb8813) and his squeaky-clean TJ down to the park, where me met Brian-n-Ryan from TORC, in their it-aint-pink YJ.

Before we were done airing down (destroying my deflators in the process, don't know how) Mark showed up (another TORC'er) with his too-pretty-to-wheel WJ, and his double-secret-girlfriend Robin.

We tooled around a bit, made a couple laps of the park. We got Brian stuck in the only good-sized mudhole in the place, and Mark in one a bit smaller. (It was still enough to scare off the 'yota guys!)

Eventually we ran into Randy and his whole happy clan, in his nice little XJ. He apparently lurks on the TORC board, under DMB485 or some such, something that sounds like a friggin license plate...

We had a good ole time til I led us to the far back corner of the park, where I got myself into that one-in-a-hundred situation where you really, really need a winch. I don't have one.

Long story short (I know, too late) I got home safe, with a couple new dents and a ruined pair of underbritches... Jamie said he got video...

Mark and Randy needed to leave early, so we headed back towards the lot. We got Mark stuck a couple more times, and pulled him out a couple more times (the most dramatic recovery involved me, thinking I had backed over one of Randy's kids. My shorts were already ruined anyway.)

We eventually gave up, and decided to take the long way around, and go out the "easy" trail.

That's when we finally met up with Mike (NKYJeepster), who explained that the "easy trail" wasn't easy anymore: While we had been playing on the back forty, a two-foot diameter tree had fallen across the only exit. We were pretty well trapped.

I was elected to brave the fenceline trail, and fought my way back to the office to borrow a chainsaw. I yanked it til my arm fell off, then pulled with my teeth til it finally started.

Ryan played Paul Bunyan, Brian pulled the rest of the tree out of the way, and we were free to go.

Mark, Randy, Mike and I left after that; but Brian, Ryan and Jamie headed back for more...

I'm sure they'll chime in with the rest of their story, and somebody will post up pics n video.

It was sure fun guys, I look forward to doing it again!

Robert

(With one more event, and $30 in dues, I'm gonna apply for the title of TORC's "Second-string Trail Boss": I'm in charge when nobody else can show up!)
                            Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 06-13-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

yeah after you left they decided to go on this crazy trail i had to turn around and i did a 540 down a huge hill and hit a tree got a nice dent on my windsheild frame and fender flare oh well.....pics are posted on torc im working on the video of robert

Comment

Working...
                              X