Bore some link ends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bore some link ends...

Though it pains me to ask , I need someone to bore/drill out my 2"x.500 link material to except weld-in ends. Hole needs to be 1.5 dia. and 2" - 2 1/2" deep.

Some here might know I've been a tool maker for almost 20 years and am usually the one being asked to do this kind of stuff.... turns out the plant manager that was appointed by our new parent company has a " No home projects allowed in my shop" policy..:mad:

Who can do it and how much?

Maybe Truggy?

How many need done ???

How soon do you need them ??

I will check our lathe to see if it has the correct hole to fit the pipe.

Ive done some work for Karwath if you need a reference.

Shawn

dsmaglecic@yahoo.com

Comment

I wish Mike had his lathe running I could use it... , hell , I've even got the 1 1/2" drill but no way to run it.

I have four links , machine work on both ends.... 8 holes ...opening up 1" tube ID to 1.5"

I have couple friends with lathes but none with a 2" or larger capacity. Time frame is anytime in the next 6 months

Comment

Alright sounds good let me make one of our lathes is capable.

I should be able to pick the parts up from your work. You have the black ford
        out there off of hauck ?? mosteller area ???

send your phone number to my e-mail and I will give you a call monday.

should be able to turn them around in a day or two.

Shawn

Comment

jeff, help me get this thing powered and consider it yours to use. it's just not my priority at this time. if i had a reason to, like this, it would be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
            ... "No home projects allowed in my shop" policy..:mad:
            That sux. :(
            brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
            Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
              That sux. :(
              Yeah, it does.

We got the same thing at my place.

Kick in the crotch is, when business was booming, they didn't care a bit. I'd pull the rig right into the maintenance shop at lunch and get all kinds of stuff done.

Now that it's supposedly "slow," (such that they cut all our overtime), personal stuff is all out the window.

Just worthless middle-management trying to look like they do something. Taking credit for my work when we're busy, taking credit for busting my hump when we're slow, in the end contributing exactly zero, for a six-figure salary...

Leeches.

Robert

(Damn, that sounds kinda bitter, huh?)
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

No gov. projects ?????? that sucks ! shop I worked at years ago was very Gov. project friendly , one of the foremen built a car trailer right in the middle of the plant .

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                  No gov. projects ?????? that sucks ! shop I worked at years ago was very Gov. project friendly , one of the foremen built a car trailer right in the middle of the plant .
                  Sarge, was that the shop over in Schumacher Park?

Comment

yep ! used to be called something like Krats Wialdie (sp) ?????? been a long time ago .

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                      yep ! used to be called something like Krats Wialdie (sp) ?????? been a long time ago .
                      I worked there for 12 years ..Kratz-Wilde

Comment

got my materials list today to get the lathe running... should be up soon, if you wanna wait man... be sweet if we bored them here.

Comment

I have nothing but time!.

Let me know if you any help...as much as I could be with electricity.

Jeff

Comment

I'm sure yer as good as i am with electricity... hopefully i will still have all of my limbs when the thing is done.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
                              I worked there for 12 years ..Kratz-Wilde

When ? I'm thinking I worked there in 93 . I was a temp , and ended up getting into it with the owners son and walked out. We used to throw darts in the welding booth. We had a lot of fun , it was my first job out of college.

Comment

Working...
                              X