AWD Grands continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWD Grands continued

Not being that familiar with auto trannies a new problem arised. Owner has informed me of new problem.

When driving if you let up on the gas the vehicle takes a nose dive and you can here the tranny spin up like a turbine. I sent him out to check the fluids knowing that may be the cause but certainly not the problem.

Any ideas? As he describes it he said it nose dives and stops as if he was doing an emergency stop.

Brakes locking up? Doesnt explain the noise though.
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I thought so too, but with the the tranny sounding like a turbine I trust this guy to know the difference between engine/tranny braking and standard braking.

Comment

Might be the viscous coupler going bad. I know that when I had mine if you took a turn, it would nose dive. Either that, or it could be the torque converter not releasing.

Comment

T-case Bad. Go Np231!
          sigpic

Comment

What's really funny is he bought this one cheap because he didn't want to spend the money on a rebuilt tranny for his ford ranger.

I think the tcase is boogered up anyways because of the earlier problems and the stripped R&P gears. I wonder if the previous owner grabbed the t case shifter thinking he could do a power slide and didn't notice it wasn't a brake handle.

Comment

Working...
            X