July Meeting Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Meeting Minutes

Meeting really turned into a discussion of the benefit, so there are alot of action items that normally aren't seen. Format is different but content there. If you have questions just shoot me...with them ha!

Scott A opened the meeting and welcomed guests Scott & Melody Boggs

Treasurer report: We have money

Benefit
    Goal is to have 100 rigs register.

How do we get that? Publicity.
    ·Club Boards – get the word out to other local clubs
    ·Submitted an online event to following news things: Dayton Daily News, Springfield News Sun, Middletown Journal, Journal-News, Fairfield Echo, Pulse Journal, Oxford Press, Western Star, Active Dayton, Cincinnati.com (may be in papers as well as online)
    ·Radio stations – see about getting some air time as well as post on their calendars – have on 96Rock. Thread provides additional stations to contact (Lisa to do)
    ·Flyers – paper the town in our flyers couple weeks out from the event. If anyone needs flyers contact me

Discussion Points:
    ·More opportunities for ‘stock’ish vehicles – broaden the SnS categories. Not final: classic; stock; modified DD; extreme crawler. Two fun categories of: prettiest or shiniest rig and ugliest or dirtiest rig.
    ·Better/more signage at event. Need: parking areas, registration, categories of SnS
    ·Local biz communication – Make sure Yardbirds and UDF know we’re gonna have a bunch of people in their area that day. Couple weeks before event.. (Bob to handle)
    ·Parking organization - spectator/trailers “up top” and only registered rigs “below” - all rigs should be off trailer and no RVs

Volunteers for the following (if you want to help let me know):
    ·Signs – before the event. Maybe do a meet and greet somewhere and make signs. Keep an eye on the board for a thread…
    ·Set up on Friday.
    ·Parking – spectator/trailers “up top” and registered rigs “below” - will have xx slots for people to sign up for
    ·Registration booth - will have xx slots for people to sign up for
    ·Judges for Show N Shine – gonna need some

Questions/Ideas/etc
    Portable restrooms – cost from Rumpke is $315.98 to have three units on site. Split between TS & CORE? Someone to keep an eye on it to make sure it’s stocked -- George to look into cost from another company -- 3 units of $255

Idea of event Tshirt? Single color – cost around $10 or $11 per. Would cost of printing be feasible based on anticipation of selling. Will do thread to see how many would be interested in buying a shirt at $15 or $20 a pop. More to come….

Time to judge SnS will be x (allow for someone to tally votes). Awards at x Time. Must be present to win.

Do we need an inspection prior to participating in the car crush? Yes Will need to come up with generic rules and publish. Also need people to do inspection the day of event.

Idea of striping the lower lot for registered rigs – Bob to talk to BnB if they’re ok with it. Jamie to do striping (thank you Blue Chip)

Brody has RTI ramp – Brad gonna run the event

New business:
    Fairfield needs revenue ….heads up traveling through it
    Jason still has pink hook – except that he doesn’t actually have it.

Trail runs:
    Non CORE runs
    July runs:
    ·TS Monthly Meeting held on Sat 7/18 at Haspin instead of 2nd Thursday
    ·Muddy Buddy’s Cruise In – Sunday, 7/12, 12p – 4pm – Jake Sweeny Dealership in Lebanon
    ·Every Wed at Quaker Steak & Lube on Colerain – 4x4 Cruise Night

Last Month:
    ·BnB 4x4 Show: Bob, Scott A & Sarge were there.

CORE Runs:
    ·Last months run: Natural Bridge Clean Up Run – 6/20 & 6/21. No one went…
    ·This months run: Zookimelt – 7/9 to 7/11 – at Badlands.

People with To Dos:
    Bob: Follow up with Bnb about striping field; ok with portapotties on site: having a caterer onsite during event: idea of a rock garden

Jamie: once we get the ok from BnB: striping field and rock garden

George: cost of portapotty option - $255 for 3 units

Lisa: everything that doesn't have someone elses name on it
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

i can help set up friday

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
      Do we need an inspection prior to participating in the car crush? Yes Will need to come up with generic rules and publish. Also need people to do inspection the day of event.
      haha

Must have working Brakes

sorry I didn't make it to the meeting I do have 2 gift certificats from Bob Sumerel Tire
      Last edited by SixFtUnd; 07-08-2009, 08:28 PM.
      86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Tammy and I can help with parking,registration,judging.
        I got a jeep

Comment

All help appreciated. Lisa or myself will let you know what needs to be done in the near future. Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

If you're looking for links to the flyers, you can grab them off the home page. (Danny hope this helps - Holler at me if you need some printed off already...)
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudstud View Post
              All help appreciated. Lisa or myself will let you know what needs to be done in the near future. Thanks!
              Put my name on the help list.

I can help on friday night and/or saturday ..

My cell 616-0621

Nick
              Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
              Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Ok updating, once again unless noted, it's me...here goes:

Port a potties are ok -- will need to arrange delivery timing, payment requirements, etc. (George)

Rock garden for R/C is ok - he was slightly concerned with size of said rocks tho, so lets not get any the size of VW (Brody?)

Food (this is awesome news) -- Barn n Bunk is gonna offer hot dogs/brats/metts along with some sides (she said corn on the cob perhaps as one) by the big barn. they will keep the cost reasonable and will have seating available by the barn. So we will be able to offer food right there, and no need for caterer. Serve between 11:30 and 2p. (I'm updating all the sites I posted this on)

Emailing BnB the flyer, so they can print out and distribute as many as they want...hoping that's alot

Following up with vendor on T shirt design today...

Went to Muddy Buddy meeting last Friday with Bob & Marilyn and handed out a bunch of flyers. I left a stack of flyers at Haspin when I was there Saturday, may be good to take some more the weekend of the 1st.

Thinking about a get together sometime the week of the 27th to work on signage and overall plans. Need to make sure everyone attends knows where everything is (key to success). Maybe at Quaker Steak & Lube on Colerain Wed the 29th? Any other places? Want someplace they won't freak out when we spread out stuff on multiple tables...

Working on sign up sheets for the different volunteers we need to make sure everything moves smoothly. So more to come on that...

Questions? Comments?

Comment

if everone like mexican food acapulco in ff has a little section that used to be there smoking section away from the main eating area and it wouldnt be to crowded and i eat there a ton i could talk to the owner and get that area to oursleves

Comment

Originally posted by jmb8813 View Post
                    if everone like mexican food acapulco in ff has a little section that used to be there smoking section away from the main eating area and it wouldnt be to crowded and i eat there a ton i could talk to the owner and get that area to oursleves
                    I translated all that to ----> margaritas Might work.

Comment

Not sure what my vote's worth, but I ain't drivin' all the way to fairfield for anything less than AmberBock and spicy ranch!

Robert
                      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

if the restrant ( InCahoots) we have been working on is open we could go there it's in Blue Ash but still not sure when they will get open
                        86 Ford Bronco

Comment

If you are worried about spreading stuff out; go to symmes tavern. It's not like they need the space :);)
                          1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                          FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                          5.14 tcase
                          36" TSL SX

Comment

Quaker steak and lube wed. sounds good! Get the word out there on the event as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                              Quaker steak and lube wed. sounds good! Get the word out there on the event as well.
                              yea another thread to come on that one outside of this ... tbd

Comment

Working...
                              X