ARB Solenoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB Solenoids

I got my elec. compressor installed today and all of the airline run. The locker works great however, it takes about 4-5 minutes to disengage. I searched around, checked all the lines and found that the the lines and mini tank are holding a bit of pressure.

So, for those that run an arb locker, why would the solenoid/valve vent a majority of the pressure, but not all of it?
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
    I got my elec. compressor installed today and all of the airline run. The locker works great however, it takes about 4-5 minutes to disengage. I searched around, checked all the lines and found that the the lines and mini tank are holding a bit of pressure.

So, for those that run an arb locker, why would the solenoid/valve vent a majority of the pressure, but not all of it?

Hmmmm How long does your solenoid stay open for? What about doing atomospheric venting as apposed to back to your system?
    The Hummer Club Inc.
    Director - Events Planning/Ambassador Program
    Eric@TheHummerClubInc.com
    www.thehummerclubinc.com

Comment

is this a brand new system or a used one?

Comment

It is a new system, just 6 months since purchase. (gotta love work)
        FJ 40 axles (4.10)
        5.14 tcase
        36" TSL SX

Comment

sounds like the spool in the valve is not shuttling correctly. where is it mounted? does it have a exhaust filter/silencer on it? is the exhaust clogged? it seems to me that there is something that is causing some sort of blockage and is not allowing full the unit to vent correctly. can you take a picture of it?

Comment

I attached a picture of the solenoid. Sorry I didn't take pic of the mounted unit, but suffice it to say that it is mounted in the open with about a foot of clearance.

The vent/muffler is a "holey nut." It will do this with or without it.
            Attached Files
            FJ 40 axles (4.10)
            5.14 tcase
            36" TSL SX

Comment

sounds like the unit is bad.
              i have the same one and mine releases right away.

It vfy it is the solenoid. I would turn it on and then turn it off and unhook the air line going to the diff. If the ARB release then. You know it is the solenoid if it does not then it the the ARB it self

Comment

Originally posted by kyrel69 View Post
                sounds like the unit is bad.
                i have the same one and mine releases right away.

It vfy it is the solenoid. I would turn it on and then turn it off and unhook the air line going to the diff. If the ARB release then. You know it is the solenoid if it does not then it the the ARB it self
                That is what I did. Anywhere that I release the air line it releases the pressure and the unit unlocks instantly.

I am going to call ARB as soon as they open up.
                FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                5.14 tcase
                36" TSL SX

Comment

Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
                  That is what I did. Anywhere that I release the air line it releases the pressure and the unit unlocks instantly.

I am going to call ARB as soon as they open up.
                  Ok just checking

Then yes the Solendoid is not working right. I think they will fix you right up and if they will not I have a place to get cheaper solenoids from that work just the the ARB one's. I will try to fine the link and post it later.

Comment

The problem that I had was caused by a reversed solenoid block. my mangled set of directions apparently were destroyed in the area that says port 1-tank, port 2-air line. If this is reversed, it will not vent correctly.

All is now well and +1 for ARB Tech Support.
                    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                    5.14 tcase
                    36" TSL SX

Comment

well at least it was a easy fix for you :)

Comment

Working...
                      X