hp 44 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp 44 ?

i was wondering if anyone has ever used the dana 44 out of a 78 bronco with the cast radius mounts and radius arms on a xj. if so mabye someone could guide me in the right direction on how they did this. thanks
    Last edited by cincychris; 05-16-2007, 06:45 AM.

I welded upper and lower connection points for a 4 link set up around the stock radius mounts. It worked out well!
    sigpic

Comment

I extended raduis arms for my old XJ. It worked great heres a pic of the arms and flex.

I took 2x2x1/4 square tubing and sleeved about 9 inches of boxed old arm. With a johnny joint on the end.

Comment

Originally posted by XJ667 View Post
        I extended raduis arms for my old XJ. It worked great heres a pic of the arms and flex.

I took 2x2x1/4 square tubing and sleeved about 9 inches of boxed old arm. With a johnny joint on the end.

He did it the best way to use the axle end of the radius arm and use new tubes back to a better joint than the factory ford set up. And mount it all to a cross member. I did this to a guys jeep before and worked out really well.

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

ive seen a build up of a tj using radius arms on JA... can't find the thread right now... but it worked out well... binds a little bit, but almost any suspension does at some point.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I made these brackets to bolt to the frame, to use the radius arms but i think i am going to have to make the arms a little diffrent to work out well.

Comment

Those look good but I would try to get them mounted in one crossmember set up.

When I did it I made the them mount to a whole trans/tcase skid plate that tide the uni-body together.

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Working...
              X