lookin for the impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin for the impossible

ok lets see if any yall can find this or figure a way to make it work. ok currently my ranger is still pretty well stock, espically drivetrain wise. its got a 2.3l 4 banger out of a 96 ranger, a 4spd tranny out of my old blue and white 84, factory chain drive t-case, stock axles with 4.10's and open diffs. ya it gets me goin pretty good, but i stuffed some 35's under it and now i wanna up grade. what i wanna put under it is a 9" and a 44, that part is do-able. now heres the kicker. i want to keep my 4banger for practical reasons, low idle, good on gas, ect; however the 84 4spd and stock t-case could use a transplant as well. so i got my sights set on stuffin a np435 and np205 under it. but i have yet to find a company that makes a bellhousing to do this. does anyone have a suggestion as to what i can do? i was lookin at making a custom bellhousing, but i also wanna wheel this summer. if anyone has a thought let me know. thanks.
    sigpic
    REMEMBER WHEN GAS USED TO ONLY COST AN ARM AND A LEG???

truck

put a two wheel trans in it and a divorced 205 case.

Comment

I'm confussed what tranny do you have now? I swapped an np435 on to a 2.5l jeep so I have a bit of experience.

Pull the current tranny asuming the bell housing is not casted as part of the tranny. Measure the stick out from the housing to engine bolt surface. Get yourself the tranny of choice. redrill the bell to mate to that tranny again measure the stick out from the housing to engine bolt surface agian and add a spacer to get the correct distance. If it's too short get the parts books out and find the closest tranny input shaft length. If it's too long get it machined down. Cobble some clutch parts together by reusing the same pressure plate and a 10 spline largest disk you can fit in it.

Simple it's going to cost you if you can't think out of the box. it's going to cost more if you can't turn your own wrenches. It's going to really really hurt if you don't take the time to measure, measure, measure.

Cough up some details of what you have now and I might be able to help you make some decisions.

First and formost you must decide if it's really worth it you're not getting out of this for less than a grand.

Comment

if you need parts i have a 435 and both a married and divorced 205

josh
        if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

re:

right now the tranny that is in my ranger is a stock 4spd out of an 84 ranger. the bellhousing is seperate from the tranny and has an external hydro slave cylinder. the tranny i wanna put is in the np 435 4spd out of a 79 ford f-100. i havent pulled either tranny yet to measure distance. but i have been told that the ranger input shafts are longer. i dont figure its gonna cost me too much seeing as how i already have the tranny, do my own work, and work in a machine shop.
          sigpic
          REMEMBER WHEN GAS USED TO ONLY COST AN ARM AND A LEG???

Comment

Working...
          X