Bleed my brakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleed my brakes.

Alright here goes. I just replaced about 6 feet of brake line and my master cylinder. I bench bled the master before I put it on. My brakes wont bleed. Doing it the old fashioned way, I get lots of fluid but no air. There is no pedal though. I am going to borrow a vaccum pump tomorrow and try that. I also tried to gravity bleed but I dont get any fluid to come out.
    :confused: :confused: Any suggestions??
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Sounds like the brake booster still is not bled properly.
    sigpic

Comment

I guess I forgot. Manual brakes. Did the 67 vette master cylinder swap.

Comment

find an OLD garage that has a pressure bleeder... its a tank filled with compressed air and brake fluid. has a plate with a rubber gasket that mounts on top of your master cylinder and forces fluid through the system. Not used much anymore, cuz it will only work on older master cylinders (like yours). I had an issue with the pumpkin, had an air pocket that wouldnt come out, this thing fixed it.

the vacuum bleeder might do the same thing for you.

Comment

Thanks Mike I will try that.
          Also for anyone who did this swap, aftet going to discs did you have to increase your line size or not. i still have the stock 3/16 line all the way back.

Anyone know of any garages in Anderson or the surrounding area with a pressure bleeder?????

Comment

i did this swap as well. if you remember, you sold me your master cylinder and had to buy a new one. i stayed with the stock lines...

for a long time, i couldnt get my brakes bled right, never worked well, then i heard a trick about bypassing the proportioning valve, tried it, and they bled great and i could lock all 4 wheels up on 40" boggers.

there is a little pin to push in on the side of it... don't remember much more detail than that. do some research on it, im sure it's out there.

Comment

Oh yes I remember now. I elimintaed my proportioning valve so thats not a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X