• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Meeting Minutes

Guests: John Cornett and Steven Cornett

Treasurer report: We have money

Dues:
    Dues for renewing members are $50, as the renewal period ended in March.

Adopting a trail at Big Rock – Definitely interested in the opportunity to assist by widening trails etc. Lisa to start a thread in members section to define list of people interested. Members who are not registered let Lisa know of your interest.

Benefit:
    Date set for Saturday August 28, 2010. Possibility of mud pit being explored, along with a larger r/c course and the car crush. (Thanks Bob)

Monthly Trail Runs:
    Non CORE:
    IOK Swap Meet – April 10 & 11

CORE Runs:
    Last months run: Badlands – March 13th ---- Provide trail report
    PINK HOOK to Scott Pater

This months run: TBD

Places that would allow a blend of hardcore rigs with less modified rigs so whoever shows up to a run can have a good time:

Royal Blue at the Jellico exit in KY (Bob Heath has been there)
    491 – starter rigs
    Steve’s Farm (Private land Jeff P knows in KY) – Maybe an early May run (in addition to our annual Memorial Day weekend run to WVA)
    Painted Rock – maybe June run
    Slade/Natural Bridge
    Harlan
    Superlift Park in Arkansas somewhere

Zookimelt:
    We have been asked if we would be willing to provide the RTI for use during the event. Approval granted, will begin working logistics with show coordinator.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

zookimelt is a good thing let me know if i can help in this!

Comment

Originally posted by truk View Post
      zookimelt is a good thing let me know if i can help in this!
      the rti ramp will be at the campground so we will use it after the park closes to get the scores and such at least that is the plan for now so we dont cut into wheeling time in the park. if you would like to help measure/score or just keep some sort of order that would be great
      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

thats works for me ,let me know what you need and ill help.

Comment

Don't forget we were also asked to put on a couple of classes. They are Four Wheeling 101 and Winch Safety and Use.

Thanks,
          Jeff
          Thanks,
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Green Zuggy View Post
            Don't forget we were also asked to put on a couple of classes. They are Four Wheeling 101 and Winch Safety and Use.
            At Zookimelt...and/or in the campground?
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

At Zookimelt...and/or in the campground?
              Yes, at ZookiMelt and the area for these classes has yet to be finalized but here is the plan for now... to conduct the classes in the back area of the campground but if we need to have demonstrations then we might have to have it in the park. I am awaiting reply back from the ZookiMelt coordinator.

Thanks,
              Jeff
              Thanks,
              Jeff

Comment

we are putting on instructional classes :confused: hmmm.
                sigpic

Comment

yes its zookimelt so we will be demonstrating the proper way to recover a jeep from the mall parking garage.
                  One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

maybe i could learn me a thingie or 2.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                      maybe i could learn me a thingie or 2.
                      You're always in the vehicle being extracted....different class

Comment

we are putting on instructional classes hmmm.
                        It's a zook thing, you wouldn't understand! (Probably because you don't care!)

Seriously, the individual that was originally going to do this at the 'Melt is unable to attend due to a conflict with work so I was asked if we, C.O.R.E., would be willing to do this. Discussing this with Scott A. we thought this might be an opportunity to help some newbies and possibly recruit some more members for the club.

If the club is not interested in doing this please let me know so I can inform the ZookiMelt coordinator that we will not be able to help with this venture.

Furthermore, this is something that was suggested we do for our new club members on a Saturday at Scott A's shop or something like that. We figured we could put my zook on the gravel and watch the air liberate itself from my tires and then show newbies how to properly inflate tires and such. ;)

Thanks,
                        Jeff
                        Thanks,
                        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Green Zuggy View Post
                          It's a zook thing, you wouldn't understand! (Probably because you don't care!)

Seriously, the individual that was originally going to do this at the 'Melt is unable to attend due to a conflict with work so I was asked if we, C.O.R.E., would be willing to do this. Discussing this with Scott A. we thought this might be an opportunity to help some newbies and possibly recruit some more members for the club.

If the club is not interested in doing this please let me know so I can inform the ZookiMelt coordinator that we will not be able to help with this venture.

Furthermore, this is something that was suggested we do for our new club members on a Saturday at Scott A's shop or something like that. We figured we could put my zook on the gravel and watch the air liberate itself from my tires and then show newbies how to properly inflate tires and such. ;)

Thanks,
                          Jeff
                          If you guys (whoever you are) are willing to donate the time and effort to do this, I think it's a great idea and good for the club. If you need someone to demonstrate proper approach and line selection for the more difficult Macy's run; let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                            You're always in the vehicle being extracted....different class
                            Not nice. :(
                            sigpic

Comment

If you need someone to demonstrate proper approach and line selection for the more difficult Macy's run; let me know.
                              Only if you use your Suzuki X-90! :)

If you guys (whoever you are) are willing to donate the time and effort to do this, I think it's a great idea and good for the club.
                              Thanks.

Thanks,
                              Jeff
                              Thanks,
                              Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X