Propane tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane tanks?

Wondering if anyone knows of places in the Cincinnati area where a permanently mounted LP tank can be filled? My current project will be propane powered and I had planned on running forklift tanks (7.5gal.) but I found a D.O.T approved 23gal commercial tank that would work nicely.

With a 16" dia. and a length of around 42" it would fit perfectly in the back of my k5 and offer roughly 160 miles of range.

Jeff

uhauls around the fairfield area and lp gas fill the tank that is mounted under my truck.
    sigpic

Comment

That's good to know that uhaul will fill mounted tanks! From past posts I know that your a Cummins guy so I'm assuming that your using propane as diesel performance booster? When uhaul fills your tank do they look for a DOT tag or just take your money?! How big's your tank and whats it cost to fill?

Thanks, Jeff

Comment

hay if you know where anymore of them large tanks are at
        let me know will ya....
        For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

The local uhaul that I visit most on RT 4 checked the 1st time, but does not any more. All the rest check date and ask how much propane it takes to fill it. Just stamp your own date on the tank! 23 gallons will only get you 160 miles? Is it 675 hp?
          Last edited by 94Dodge Truggy; 06-08-2007, 08:01 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I was told by Kyle at gotpropane that I was looking at about 5-7 MPG if your in&out of it with a built 454.

Comment

I have to think that Wardway would... but along Colerain... Uhaul, maybe someplace like Handy Rent-a-tool (when I picked up a bobcat for my brother a few weeks ago, I asked if they fill forklift tanks... they said yes, for $.75/lb seems like a higher than average price...)

I'll have two ~10gal and two ~8gal forklift tanks, hoping not to have to mess with it for a long weekend... :confused:
              brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
              Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

ACE hardware also will fill LP , I have the RV tank filled at the one on Liberty Fairfield at RT 4 , last time I pulled around in the RV the kid had no idea what he was doing ..... let alone checking the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                  let me know will ya....
                  cough... cough...};
                  For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Well I actually saw a tank first hand today and it looks to be 16 dia. and 44" long with a 4-6 inch protective guard around the fill and vent ports.

Has a cert. # and a advertised capacity of 28.5 gal.

These where used to store propane on refrigeration trailers , they've switched to diesel and these things are along for the ride.

Fabricator, is one of these worth $50 to you.. I was thinking of offering the guy $100 for 2.

I can't promise anything as the old man that owns the trailer shop thinks everything he has is made of gold but it's worth a try.

Jeff

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                        let me know will ya....
                        still looking

Comment

I have one for you Fab, I paid $70 for it ...PM your email and I'll send you pics of it!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                          X