good year for rubicon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good year for rubicon?

Does anyone know if the jeep rubicon has a certain year of manufacture that is supposedly better than other years? (Neighbor wanted to know)
    sigpic

There are big differences between the 2006 and 2007, such as...

The 2006 TJ Rubicon comes standard with an AMC 190HP, 4.0L, Power Tech inline-six, considered one of the best off-road engines ever made. Also standard are 31-inch tall LT245/75R16 tires on 16-inch aluminum wheels. Music should sound pretty good coming from a 7-speaker system that includes a full center console-mounted subwoofer, 2 midrange speakers in the instrument panel, and 2 full-range speakers mounted in the overhead speaker pods.

On the other hand, the 2007 JK Rubicon has a standard Chrysler 3.8L, 12-valve, 205HP, V6 engine. Seventeen-inch aluminum wheels sporting LT225/75R17 mud terrain tires are also standard. The six-speaker stereo system has an MP3 input audio jack, ideal for the iPod. Rock rails are standard, unlike on the 2006. This next-generation Jeep is 5.5 inches longer and 1.4 inches taller than the existing model, with a 2.1-inch-longer wheelbase and 2.4-inch-wider track, but with a tenth of an inch less ground clearance. Despite it being taller, there’s a fraction less headroom in front and back in the JK, although shoulder room has increased in both areas. Where the 2007 exceeds over the 2006 is storage behind the back seats: over 17 cubic feet vs slightly less than 12 cubic feet on the 2006 TJ. Not sure I care for the single-hinge windshield vs two hinges. Both model years have dual Dana 44 axles, a heavy-duty transfer case with an ultra-low 4:1 ratio, and 4-wheel disc brakes. The optional security package for the 2006 comes standard on the 2007. Turning diameter is the same.

Other than that, there weren't a lot of rubicon changes through the years of when they started and 2006. Here is a short list of TJ differences from 97-04. Maybe it will help a bit as well, as the changes to the standard tj affect the rubicon as well...

http://www.schoolboy*****.com/techTJchanges.htm

Comment

I would guess that he is looking for a 2003 or 2004 with high miles and maybe a couple of choice mods (quality lift) in order to keep the price down so that it doesn' hurt as bad when he bounces it off of trees!:p
      sigpic

Comment

They where almost the same from 03-06 but I shoot for a 03 if it is going to be for trail use.

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Working...
        X