Kick-down cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick-down cable

What is the proper adjustment needed for the kick-down cable on a 700r4 tranny?
    '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

with a factory bracket hook the kickdown cable up with the motor off , the kick down cable is self adjusting . manually open the throttle wide open and you will hear the cable ratchet and it's set .

if the cable it to short and will not reach the hook up on the TBI push the button in on the rachet area on the kick down cable and pull the cable out first . then do the wide open throttle deal and your good to go .

Comment

Well i got my new fully adjustable kick-down cable installed and adjusted, this thing works great! There is only one problem. i'am leaking tranny fluid where the cable connects to the tranny. Is there a seal or gasket that goes around this, b/c i did not see one when pulling the old one off, or did i just install it crooked?
      '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Yes and I think it looks like a top hat.
        Last edited by icemanjes; 08-15-2007, 10:17 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, i called chevrolet and they have one for $2.86. I'am going to pick it up after work!

Comment

Working...
          X