No doors; Lights off how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No doors; Lights off how?

Should I actually get said doors off my TJ (2004) for tomorrow, I realize that I didn't buy the handy dandy little Lights Off clips. (doh!) So I'm wondering what I can do to get the lights to stay off? HELLLPPPPPP!
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

pull the bulbs if need be.

Comment

Pull the fuse.
      Miamisburg,Ohio. Cell# 937-361-7267
      90XJ Limited 4x4,4.0 Auto,NP242
      Rustys 4.5" lift D30/D35,3.55 gears
      Denman Farmhand Tractor Tires 33x9.50x16
      Work in progress
      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0XJ%20Limited/

1986 Chevy M1008 4x4 CUCV 5/4 Ton Truck
      350ci,400turbo,D60 Front,14Bolt w/Detroit Rear
      4.56 Gears, Desert Tan C.A.R.C. Paint.
      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0M1008%20CUCV/

Comment

make sure that fuse does not also operate other necessary things.

Comment

Check your manual, on TJ's it is the number 4 fuse and it only controls the lights.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Turns out the doors had separation anxiety and didn't want to be parted from my girl. Snapped two nuts off, and doors won't budge. That was at 6:30am this morning, so I think our neighbors may have learned a few new words.
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Yeah...pull the fuse.

I snapped two of the four bolts when I pulled my doors off......which was the day I bought my TJ (11 years old and all).

I now just put the doors on.....and I don't worry about the other two nuts....I think they are still in my tool box somewhere.

Comment

When I had hard doors many years ago, The nuts were never on.
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

You may have to loosen up one hinge in order to wiggle the door off for the first time. Smear some grease around the bolt and the next time will hopefully be easier.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well nice to know the doors won't come flying off or anything stupid without the nuts on. Silly me, I figured it was easy to take them off since I see everyone and their brother without them. :)

Comment

Hit them with a shot of PB Blaster to help get them off.

Comment

Working...
                      X