Running too hot help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running too hot help!!!!!

Noticed today on the way home from the benifit that my truck would get very very hot on the hills and then cool right back off on the flats or the downhill parts.

Coolant full. Clutch fan turning and it felt like it was pulling lots of air at idle. Assuming the radiator isnt clogged because of this but it will get cleaned. Newer thermostat because the truck wouldnt heat up when it was 10 degrees this past winter.
    Can a water pump partially fail?

2000 F-250 Super Duty V-8, 2 wheel drive, auto,
    177,000 miles

This might be my opinion but I think the cooling capacity on that truck should be very large. I dont think it should get very hot doing 70 MPH down the highway.

Any ideas????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Overheat

On some water pumps the fins can start to disintegrate over time which will lessen your coolant flow and could be detrimental in that the metal fragments will get into the system but also can black the turbine in the pump and cause it to lock up.
    78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

Well I finally took a good look at my truck today. Found the lower 1/4 caked with mud. Dont know how that happened. I hosed off the radiator and cleaned it the best I could. I think I solved the problem.

Comment

Been taking the tow rig wheelin have we?
        sigpic

Comment

If it wasnt a 2 wheel drive work truck I would.

Comment

Working...
          X