back from Haspin with CARNAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from Haspin with CARNAGE

:mad: ME and a few buddies headed for Haspin Frinday morning , we arrived at around 9:00am and were the only ones their , it was great ! we wheeled all day until around 4:00 pm when I climbed a hill that branched into another trail with a very bad drop off. I almost rolled so Jeremy put a strap on my cage so i could ease down off of the drop. I had the Jeep standing on the front axle and the wheels were turned to full lock and BANG ...... finally popped a u-joint . Well no big deal I'll just drive it out and replace it on the trailer ...... on the way out things got alot worse :

took out the ball joints on the pass. side . luckily we were just off the main trail below the end of the drag strip . I caught a ride to the parking lot and drove the Denali and trailer to with in 100' of the Jeep . We winched my Jeep up onto the back of Jeremy's Yota and and drove it to the trailer. Now it sits in my Garage bleeding all over the floor . Going to start the fun on Sunday afternoon , don't know if I'm going to replace just the ball joints or just sling my extra HP30 in it and call it done . Oh and I learned a really good lesson later in the day. I was riding with one of my buddy's and spotting for him on the back bone . I was standing alittle to close and a very large rock came out from under one of his tires and hit me in the leg I have a nice hole in my shin now and one red sock
    Last edited by sarge; 08-19-2007, 02:34 AM.

Sounds like you had a good day overall. I got there about 7:00pm and wheeled that night with JFISCUS and some friends from Terrain stompers. We had a blast all night. I just put it on its side once that night but, it didn't slow me down.

Sorry, For the poor quality pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by xj-up; 08-19-2007, 12:52 PM.
    90' Jeep XJ Buggy - 5.5 custom lift, 33" TSL's, locked
    01' Softail
    01' Dodge Ram Cummins 3500 4X4
    71' Dodge Challenger

Shane

Comment

For such easy trails they seem to make ya break some stupid stuff. Jacob broke the bead when a tree felt it was staying where it was, and he lost a rear shock mount... not to bad.
      Attached Files
      I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

sweet ! got anymore pics ? I've got a bunch but my photobucket page is not uploading for some reason :mad:

Comment

here are a few more
          Attached Files
          I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

Damn sarge, looks like there was a whole lotta fun to be had. The monte carlo looks like a comfortable ride.
            sigpic

Comment

fuggin photobuckets not working for me either, didnt see any of yall CORE guys there, I got to Haspin around 6:30pm friday & wheeled till saturday evening.

I tore the rear bumper off, smashed in a rocker (a log rotated & threw the roots under my Jeep), got a dent in the rear 1/4 from a big drop off & blew a bead when the mud was a little harder than I thought. It was a great trip, there was only about 10 total Jeeps & 10 quads all Saturday night, so camping went great. Saturday it got packed & dusty but we tried to stay away from the main trails.

Comment

We were leaving about the time you all were getting there . How did Jacob's rig do ? other then the bead and shock mount .

Comment

Yep, seen the ol' "broken u-joint takes out the balljoints" several times on the trail. You were lucky to be that close to a trailer.

1. Saw a V-8 YJ do this way far from the main road while climbing a hill. Tried to cobble the balljoints together but there was no way without a welder or something. Wound up removing that front tire and putting a log under if for a skid and dragging it out...took several hours.

2. CJ trying to climb out of a rut. Fortunately we were able to cobble it back together as the balljoints were not completely trashed. He drove it out of the trail.

3. Saw a Blazer on 44" Boggers (and a Dana 44 front!) do this about 5 minutes into the trail. No way we could drag that one out. We were close to town so they ran to Napa and got parts.

Comment

The rig did great!!! I was really impressed with how it climbed, and i had no engine or fuel injection problems, it ran like a champ, didn't stall once and i put it at some pretty goffy angles that a carb would not be able to handle. The only issue i really have to work out, besides fixing the tire and the shock mount, is the steering. I can't seem to get it adjusted right, I can turn great to the right but i have nothing to the left, and i mean pretty much nothing! I also need a new power steering belt really bad! So sarge here is a question for you, does the power steering belt need to go over the water pump as well or should it just go to the steering pump only? Anyways we had a great time at haspin and Jon's (scarface) rig did impressively well to, especially for open difs! I can't wait to get out on a core trip!
                    '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Jacob , welcome to the world of locked front and rear , I have no idea how the belts are supposed to run .

they finally got photobucket running again so here's a few more pics from our group . It was Jeremy ( red/blk 4 runner) , John ( grey YJ ) , Steve ( red YJ ) and me !

Comment

and a few more !

Comment

that can't be haspin... too dry.

Comment

Where in haspin were you guys? I have got to find that area when i go back! Looks like a lot of fun!! When we went we just kept going down these narrow trails that forced us through mud hole after mud hole. Which was pretty fun actually!
                            '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Several of the hills in the pics were over near "L" tree , we spent alot of time back past the end of the flat track.

Yeh Mike it was really dry in most spots , but there was still alot of spots the were dry on the top and would suck you in .

Comment

Working...
                              X