Ok, What do you people mow your estates with
    I have about 6 acres to mow;

Ford 600 w/6' finish mower
    Bobcat Ransome 48" walk behind
    just bought a Steiner 5' mower

wish list would be to get rid of some of this
    stuff and get a Zero turn finish mower
    so the kids could help out a little.
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Live on a couple acres but mow with a Stihl FS85 weed wacker , a bunch a trees and very little grass.

Have a Kubota tractor but swaped the deck for a loader bucket.

Isn't the Steiner one of those articulating 8 tired go anywhere mowers?

Comment

Mine has four tires, but you can put four more on
      from what I've read, Go anywhere, well.....it is 4wheel drive
      I have a fairly deep pond and its for the edge, hope it floats too...
      For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

I have a John Deere Js 40 21" pushmower with front casters. I hate it. If all Deeres cut like this I will never own another one. I have to cut twice to get a good cut. I cut 5 yards with it.
        91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Kubota 4wd with 60" under deck finish mower... I use the bucket more than the mower... i think i have only mowed 4 times this year... i have 5 acres.

Comment

Damn, Carwash you do have some nice stuff.

Comment

id give it all up for a zero-turn if i didn't need the bucket so much... my buddy has a scag, it's the whip.

Comment

I own 2 toros. One 72'' ztr diesel sit down and a hydro 48 walk behind. Great machines, but a bit pricey. I bought a deere once and sold it in 3 months due to a poor quality of cut. Scags are awesome mowers too!
                sigpic

Comment

the gravely is a nice 0 turn machine I mow 35 acres with one it cut my mow time in half from a 4x4 1200 ford
                  Thats good stuff!!

Comment

A nice zero turn is 10 to 15 K
                    is my problem
                    would like a hand me down though

Comment

I've got a 7.5' flail mower I pull behind my Case. I also have a older Wheel Horse ZTR that at the current moment only turns right. I've got 10 acres. I currently only cut about 2.5. The rest is pasture.

Comment

I have 8 acres. I mow 4 with a snapper PRO zero turn I wish it had the boxed frame but it gives a nice cut. The other 4 acres I borrow my neighbors tractor.

If you don't have a perfectly flat bump free yard stay away from zero-turns. At least test drive one to see if you can handle the jarring.

for finish cutting all six acres look for a 61 inch deck. The 72's scalp the yard and the 48's take a bit more seat time. It takes about 4 hours for me to cut 4 acres with a 48" deck.

Let me emphasize this TEST DRIVE IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT. Zero turns are gut splitting.

Comment

mite be a decent buy for someone
                          http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/402675677.html

Comment

Cutting grass whats that? I haven't cut my grass in three years. We have a service that cuts it, due to my travel schedule in the summer. I got tired of coming home to grass that was 8 inches tall.
                            Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
                            But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

yeah, i should get a service as well... wonder how much they would charge to finish mow 4 acres... and trim around 3800 trees... id have to get a second job to pay for my mowing fees.

Comment

Working...
                              X