Loosing a lug nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing a lug nut

Anyone ever have a lugnut shoot off of their truck while traveling at a high rate of speed? I need to get a pic. on here of this. The rear drivers side wheel has sheared off one of its eight lugs holding on the wheel. The lug nut next to the missing one was loose and the others were torqued to specs. I heard a pop like noise on the highway and thought it to be odd. (not like the other noises this truck makes from time to time ) When I cleaned it last night I noticed the stud to be sheared right where the nut would have ended on the threads. I am suspecting the heat along with the aluminum rims to be the culprit. I cleaned all of the studs off of my old truck once in a little tugging incident, and had a TSL super swamper start throwing its tire lugs off up in the air in front of me, (at a high rate of speed once again Sorry Sarge ) but never have I seen this before. The truck is new and the dealership said that they would take care of it so the fix is easy, but I am a bit concerned hauling the 11,000lb. barn around now.
    sigpic

that is odd...

i would let them fix it this time, just once. if it happens again, they then need to find out why it happened.

check your torque on them before you tow that trailer each time.

Comment

me thinkie issue is loose nut behind wheel...
      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
        me thinkie issue is loose nut behind wheel...
        Yeah, loose nut behind wheel.:o Properly torqued lug nuts on truck I thought but apparently not.
        sigpic

Comment

hey scott do you even own a torque wrench and don't tell me yes and then when i come to your house you show me a 4 way

Comment

Hey ohcj5 come on over :mad: and I will smack you with both torque wrenches upside your noggin;) When will you be in town next?
            sigpic

Comment

If i come over i'll smack you with something give you the mushroom tatto on your forhead i'm trying for november when are you coming up here to ride on the big rocks rausch creek is still open come on up lets see what that dodge can do they have a compition course you can try

Comment

When should I come up oh-cj5? Someone needs to show you guys how to wheel
                sigpic

Comment

if your going to be a teacher you better bring more than that swing set on 4 wheels hey scott when did ply wood become a material for building trail rigs the truggy is the only rig i have ever seen that you have to spray for termites LOL!

Comment

Is your jeep still in the garage all hacked up? You definitely need to invite me up to those pocono mountains for a trail run. You got any bug spray?
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah its in the garage because my wife lets me keep my rig at my house ;) and i have been inviting you for the last 3 years my jeep has changed twice and you still haven't came up i'll have a bruiser frame jeep before you make it up here

Comment

Working...
                      X