Grand Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Cherokee

What does it take to put 34" LTB or 35" Iroks under a Grand Cherokee. Is there enough body to trim. Just a new set of Coils.

I want to go wheeling and I found one fairly cheep that I can drive to the trail, wheel and drive home.

IF 35's can't be done cheap what will fit?

a lot of trimming would get 35's but not sure how much flex. 33's would be good i think. trimming and new coils or spacers would get you 35's i think.

Comment

I would get some 2" spacer and do the 34" LTB's as the are tall but narrow so the will tuck in the wheel well alot easier. Would be a nice rig for the trail and flex well.

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

That's what I was hoping to here. I;m not new to wheeling and I'm not to worried about flex because that skinny pedal can get you there with a little bit of body damage and some good skid plates. Haspin, 909, and the gorge don't need a lot of flex to have fun and stay on the main trails.

Comment

hope to see you on the trail again soon paul.

wait, i hope to see myself on the trail again soon as well...

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
            hope to see you on the trail again soon paul.

wait, i hope to see myself on the trail again soon as well...

Yeah me too!

Comment

Originally posted by JET455 View Post
              Yeah me too!
              Me three! ;)
              sigpic

Comment

Me four!!!
                sigpic

Comment

some good reading...

http://www.ajeepthing.com/jeep-grand-cherokee-lift.html

http://www.ajeepthing.com/jeep-grand-cherokee.html

Comment

here's one on craigslist for a $1000 as well...

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/car/409291990.html

Comment

Also check out this site : www.nagca.com , they have alot of info on the ZJ's
                      I would strongly suggest not going any bigger then 34's , and also build some rock rails before you take it any where . I was very impressed with mine and would still have today if it wasn't for the ecm issues it had from time to time. Mine had about 4-5 inches of lift on RE control arms welded in the rear with 33" tires .

Comment

Originally posted by JET455 View Post
                        Yeah me too!
                        Originally posted by sarge View Post
                        Also check out this site : www.nagca.com , they have alot of info on the ZJ's
                        I would strongly suggest not going any bigger then 34's , and also build some rock rails before you take it any where . I was very impressed with mine and would still have today if it wasn't for the ecm issues it had from time to time. Mine had about 4-5 inches of lift on RE control arms welded in the rear with 33" tires .
                        Looks like a livingston pic sarge! Very nice.
                        sigpic

Comment

Dont these GCs just have either a D35 or a aluminum D44?
                          I know people like to say they wont hold up to 33"+ tires, especially if they are welded/locked.

Comment

With 33-34's and keeping it unlocked the aluminum dana44 will hold up. I wouldn't pick one up with a D35.

Comment

most are D35's Sarges had a D35 in it welded it did well and he just kept some spare shafts.

Comment

Working...
                              X