2008 Benefit Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Benefit Show

The concensus at the past 2 meeting has been to have a 2nd annual benefit for the Craig family at the same venue as 2007.

Post up your thoughts and if you want to volunteer by all means let us know!!
    78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

We are MORE then welcome back at this years location. Do we want to make it a Carly event or step it up a notch and make it for one of the big ones ..

I think CORE SAVES THE TA-TA's has a good ring

Comment

btt
      78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

Sounds good, make sure you keep us posted.
        http://www.terrainstompers.com/forum/

Comment

I have an idea for the donations from the show !

I was reading one of my off road mags and saw an article about GM/Hummer buying power wheels Hummers and giving them to the local childrens hospitals near the Hummer Plant. They used them for the kids to ride to surgery and also to ride while recovering. I think it would be awsome to be able to buy two or three Jeeps and put CORE stickers on them and then give them to Cincy Childrens hospital , We could possible get the news involved and let them do a story on it for some PR for the club. Just an idea . What does everyone think ?

Comment

I like that! Sounds great Sarge!
            sigpic

Comment

that sounds pretty cool!!!!!
              real trucks dont have spark plugs

Comment

There was some discussion about this event at the last TS meeting. I think the consensus was that if this is a repeat of the benefit for Carly's family, we will be putting it on our calendar and urging a Club turnout to support your excellent event. In fact, if you need donations of raffle goods or otherwise, we will be glad to help.

Let us know if you have an actual date.
                Last edited by wilson1010; 02-09-2008, 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling
                Unimog 406
                XJ with a bunch of stuff put on by somebody else

Comment

At this point, the date of Aug 2nd is solid. However, the Craig family has requested that they not be our beneficiary for this year's event. In support of their request, we have been looking at some alternatives. At this time, the main one is supporting a local Children's hospital (ala Sarge's post). Some of our members are doing some legwork to determine how best (who/what/where/how) we can lend assistance.

Would love to have TS help support whatever we decide. Please put it on your calendar and as we get details ironed out, I'll keep you updated. Thanks so much!!!
                  I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

wow, i have to ask why they would ask to NOT be the beneficiary... bizarre.

Comment

Accepting financial assistance of any kind for any reason is a difficult thing for many people to do. A public presentation often makes that assistance more difficult.
                      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

There are many charitable organizations around the area that always need assistance. Places like homeless shelters, crisis pregnancy, etc.

I do, however, like the idea mentioned above of donating power wheels Jeeps. I know that Walmart sells kcheap (knock-off?) Jeeps for only $50 someti0mes, possibly we could find them for this price & buy a bunch of them & give some to each local hospital for kids?

As mentioned above, if TS can help out in any way let us know.

Comment

We would like to help with your benefit on a larger scale this year, let us know what we can do to help.
                          '99 TJ
                          Terrain Stompers Jeep Club

Comment

Originally posted by Grubbi View Post
                            We would like to help with your benefit on a larger scale this year, let us know what we can do to help.
                            Sounds like a great idea. This will be a topic of discussion at our meeting tonight. Believe Jason (jfiscus) is planning on joining us tonight (as I have his tranny jack), so should be good timing.

Comment

Nice work on the tranny jack! I may need to borrow it now
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X