XJ Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ Mods

Im taking the XJ over today to T.K.H. Fab.
    Terry is going to install a new rear end with Chrome-Moly 30 spline axles w/ 456 gears and a Detroit Locker.

He is going to tear down my front end and install a solid axle and new 456 gears with a Aussie locker.

This should be finished in a few weeks and i should be ready for the upcoming trip to Harlan,Ky in mid Oct. with the club.

Can't wait tp try out the new set-up!!!!!!
    sigpic

Terry does great work. You will be very happy.
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Are you having Terry do his long arms one it?

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
        Terry does great work. You will be very happy.
        Terry from T.K.H. does excellent work! Both Brody and myself made it up El Diablo in Swiss WV last weekend and the local clubs haven't attempted the trail in a long while. Terry has done alot of impressive work on Brodys rig and it was punnished all weekend long with no problems! Very impressive steering and suspension setup.;)
        sigpic

Comment

We talked about the long arms and a new rear bumper with a swing away tire carrier. Have to pay for drive line first and decide if im going to Moab in three weeks. Can't decide what i want to do!!!!!:confused:
          sigpic

Comment

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

The problem with the axles now will be the ring and pinion which are hard to repair on the trail. Better to keep the weak links easy to fix. The 8.8 is a very good option and cheaper and stronger than a built dana 35.
              sigpic

Comment

Terry said he was putting in new ring and pinion. Are there heavy duty R/P or they all the same quality.

Ordered the custom bumper w/swingaway tire carrier today and a set of custom lower control arm mounts. The OEMs were trashed. It should all be ready for the run on the 19th.
                sigpic

Comment

Yukon and some others are stronger but the size of the gear compared to the dana 44's or 60's is substantial. It will probably be fine! I just tend to worry.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X