New guy to offroading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy to offroading

Hey all. I just got a new wrangler, and I'm looking for some places around the area to go and learn to wheel. I'm new to all this, so beginner to moderate trails would prolly be what I am looking at. I've always wanted to get into off roading, but been to interested in on road racing. Anyways I finally have my own jeep that I can modify a little and begin to learn the ropes!!
    Last edited by ; 09-18-2007, 11:50 AM.

Welcome to CORE. Keep an eye out on posts. Groups go out fairly regular. Post up and the group will let you know if the place they're going is friendly to stock/beginners or not. Some are; some aren't. I think the next official run is mid-October to Harlan. I'm planning on that one.

So a new Wrangler meaning 07 or just new to you? Have you done any mods to it yet? Lift/tires? How bout a pic?

I've got an 04 TJ. Right now stock except for a 3" lift sitting on 33x12.50 ProComp M/T (and an extremely fly windshield banner ;) ).

I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Haspin Acres is your best bet around here unless you're up for driving all the way to the Badlands. There are plenty of trails at both of these private parks for a factory or slightly modified vehicle, along with plenty for hardcore rigs.

If you're new to wheeling, make sure you firs thave tow points (preferrably both front and rear) a loop-end recovery strap, and a fire extinguisher & first aid kit just in case. Also, you can find someone who wont mind wheeling with you at either of these parks once you get there if you cannot find someone to go with you beforehand. Never wheel alone.

Comment

Welcome to the wheeling world. Carfanatic?
        sigpic

Comment

I have heard about haspen, and badlands.. I know haspen is the closest. I think I have read about the one in harland ky too.

Its a new 08 wrangler. I ordered it back in may, couldnt find an 07 with the stuff I wanted. I have a FT 3 inch lift on the way and 35x12.50 procomp x terrains. I need to get some tow hooks though. The package I ordered was supposed to come with them, but changed from 07 to 08, so now tow hooks. I'm just looking to get started easily, and have fun with the wrangler and play with it off road! Not looking to roll it over just yet :p

Comment

Welcome to the party.

The somewhat stock jeep TJjeepjeep (my wife) posted went a lot of places I didn't think it would go down at natural bridge. There are a ton of guys around here who will give you the help you need to learn to wheel.
            Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
            But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

Welcome i am also new to this got my 06 Wrangler about a year ago.
              06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed
              4in Rough Country Coil Lift,
              33x12.5 SS Thornbirds, 15x10 Crager Soft 8s

Comment

Thats great, cause I need someone to show me how to drive properly over obsticals!

Comment

Welcome CarFanatic! This is a sweet sport, and you will have a blast with it.
                  '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

well I"m puttin my lift on this weekend I think.. so I will be looking to take a trip to haspen acres to try it out in a few weeks

Comment

any pics?
                      I understand the Jeep thing.......that's why i drive a Toyota.

'91 Toyota truck(3.0 to 3.4 swapped)
                      "F@#k vacuum lines my truck sucks enough!"

Comment

not yet

Comment

Working...
                        X