Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretty cool stuff..check this out

hey guys check out this link http://www.rccrawler.com/
    looks pretty cool, i had a gas powered truck but sold it, but this is something i could get into.
    06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed
    4in Rough Country Coil Lift,
    33x12.5 SS Thornbirds, 15x10 Crager Soft 8s

That is cool.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I have a couple of them. Good practice on a rainy day or when I am grounded. Much cheaper to fix when it breaks too
      sigpic

Comment

I am building a Clod buggy right now. Independent front rear steering with independing control of front and rear wheels. Should be pretty sick
        I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

like to have one for my kid
          For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

im looking at the AX-10 Scorpion, but not sure really what to do this is my first time doing something like this. as far as building it all and picking which stuff to put on it
            06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed
            4in Rough Country Coil Lift,
            33x12.5 SS Thornbirds, 15x10 Crager Soft 8s

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyours View Post
              im looking at the AX-10 Scorpion, but not sure really what to do this is my first time doing something like this. as far as building it all and picking which stuff to put on it
              There are a couple of web sites that will build one for you or check out ebay.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm going to invest my time into building a real offroad vehicle... who had time to build and fix a small one as well?

Comment

My wife and I both have one. I have clearanced the rear and inboarded the shocks. Its lots of fun when I dont have time to take the big jeep out.
                  78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

I used to be into those trucks, but I couldnt afford to build those and keep up with my 4Runner, so I sold them all. I used to be part of the local rc crawler group here in cincy www.tri-statecrawlers.com I don't know if any of you know Jeremy, he used to have a blue Toyota pickup that was later a black pickup, he lives in Fairfield, he is part of that group too.
                    88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

I have a TRAXXAS Truck, These things are a lot of fun. Sounds like we need to hook up and play.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerAdam View Post
                        I used to be into those trucks, but I couldnt afford to build those and keep up with my 4Runner, so I sold them all.
                        same here. with the money you spend on those things you could easily build a show truck.
                        I understand the Jeep thing.......that's why i drive a Toyota.

'91 Toyota truck(3.0 to 3.4 swapped)
                        "F@#k vacuum lines my truck sucks enough!"

Comment

You guys really had that difficult of a time with em? They have been much cheaper than the quad or truggy for me. Way cheaper!
                          sigpic

Comment

A good buddy of mine was really in to those for awhile. He sold them all on ebay, said he spent way too much money on them. I think the reason they cost so much is most guys have more than one. So if one breaks they have a back up. My buddy had 3.
                            '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                              You guys really had that difficult of a time with em? They have been much cheaper than the quad or truggy for me. Way cheaper!

It depends on how far you get into it. You can buy the cheap off the shelf ones and have fun. Or you can build custom hobby grade trucks and spend 500-1000 or more on them. I had probably 500 or more wrapped up into one at one point. Hobby grade RC parts are not cheap. And you constantly break **** and spending more money to fix them. It was fun, but costly, and I had a hell of a lot more fun wheeling for real in the 4Runner. Plus, the "rc car" crowd really wasnt my kind of guys. Most of them were sort of "nerdy" guys who had never been 4wheeling, and were really big into RC racing. There were a handfull of good guys though.
                              88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

Working...
                              X