New Vehicle Blues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vehicle Blues!

I seem to always have this dilema. Buy a new vehicle try and keep it nice and someone else decides to run into it. :mad:

Coming home from work I had a minivan and a hyundai try to fit themselves under the back side of my truck. The adjustable reciever peeled the minivans engine compartment open like a can opener and my rear bumper met their windshield. Their airbags deployed and everyone was fine. The cars hit me at a claimed 40 mph while I was stopped. Chevy venture minivan and hyundai sonata got towed. Dodge Ram CTD drove home.

The reciever is bent at a 45% angle and the frame horns gave but hopefully the frame itself is alright. Bumper survived with just a little scratch but I had my 52'' long custom r/c boat in the bed and it looks like it imploded! Hoping the people who hit me's insurance covers it.

Going to have to put a chevy and hyundai sticker on the truck with crossbones next to them now. (2 down )
    sigpic

Sounds like an icky evening. I'm assuming you're ok (or at least as ok as you were to start with ). Sorry to hear about the r/c boat (another toy, amazing).
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I think the toy will cost more to replace than the damage inflicted on my truck. Only thing salvageable looks like the motor in it. Outdrive, electronics and hull are junk! Some of the parts are items that I personally machined and are not bought. Hoping insurance will cover it.
      sigpic

Comment

Dude glad you are ok. You have way to many toys
        Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
        But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
          Going to have to put a chevy and hyundai sticker on the truck with crossbones next to them now. (2 down )
          Classic
          I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

Bought an AX10 scorpion chassis (R/C Rock Crawler) right after the wreck to help calm me down! I showed the hobby shop owner my r/c boat and he almost cried!
            sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear that you re ok. Was this by any chance on Route 4 this afternoon? Some other parents on my daughter's volleyball team was talking about one.

John
              sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Where do you run a boat of that size? I can only guess it is discusting fast and runs nitro. My buddy runs his 4' V hull next to his 28' Formula whlie cruisin down cumberlin

Comment

Originally posted by redcj3a View Post
                  Glad to hear that you re ok. Was this by any chance on Route 4 this afternoon? Some other parents on my daughter's volleyball team was talking about one.

John
                  I passed the wreck on route 4 by Fischer Body and made it 6 miles beyond it before I got hit on Nieland in Hamilton. While I waited for the officer to arrive a wreck occured about a 1/4 mile down the road on the opposite side. Must be a full moon and the roads had been a bit damp
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarface View Post
                    Where do you run a boat of that size? I can only guess it is discusting fast and runs nitro. My buddy runs his 4' V hull next to his 28' Formula whlie cruisin down cumberlin
                    The r/c boat is deadly fast! 110 octane with klotz 2cyl 50 to 1 mix. 8 hp and 21,000 rpm sounds whimpy but with very little weight it rips!
                    I ran it next to the 28' scarab that I ended up selling this year and I am starting to have withdrawals. Can't wait for the boat show this year but I think the wife may lock me up and take the check book so I am unable to attend!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you have to much money man, time to have a few kids

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                        The r/c boat is deadly fast! 110 octane with klotz 2cyl 50 to 1 mix. 8 hp and 21,000 rpm sounds whimpy but with very little weight it rips!
                        I ran it next to the 28' scarab that I ended up selling this year and I am starting to have withdrawals. Can't wait for the boat show this year but I think the wife may lock me up and take the check book so I am unable to attend!
                        My wife is also not looking forward to the boat show , I complained all summer about the old boat . She knows what happens when daddy is unhappy !!

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                          My wife is also not looking forward to the boat show , I complained all summer about the old boat . She knows what happens when daddy is unhappy !!
                          Hey let me know when you are going! I will probably be there the 1st and last day of the show.
                          sigpic

Comment

I know the feeling. Back when I was in school in Dayton i had over $15,000 in receipts from a local body shop for my K5 Blazer (it was my daily driver, and very nice and clean at that time)...heck, the guys the shop knew me by name I was there so much. None of the repairs were my fault.
                            - white trash neighbor "accidentally" shot out windshield with BB gun
                            - girl ran stop sign and broad-sided in her little Nissan...I was able to drive away, her car was totaled (ripped the entire front fascia off, trashed radiator, even rear deck lid was buckled...plus another car coming the other way broadsided her)
                            - some old guy in a beat up pickup backed into it in a parking lot
                            - somebody attempted to steal it...punched out door lock, smashed column (had a "Club" on the steering wheel they couldn't get off), trashed center console and glovebox
                            - probably same person came back 6 months later and actuallly did steal it...both door locks punched (tried to punch out the same one as above first, but it was reinforced during previous repair), cut steering wheel to get Club off. It was found 4 or 5 weeks later sitting on the brake drums, covered in mud, and sitting in the rain with all the windows down. Anything that was easily unbolted was gone (tires, brushguard, batteries, spare tire, radio, etc...). Had big dent on the front, and the rear diff fell on the floor in pieces when the cover was removed.

Comment

Do you still have this poor blazer? Sounds like it has been hell and back twice! But they are tough!
                              '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Working...
                              X