Which Mufffler Do You Prefer for a V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Mufffler Do You Prefer for a V8

Hey guys just trying to get a sense of which muffler you would recommend. I'm tossed up between either Flowmaster part number 425404 or Magna Flow Part number 11378. Any major difference in sound between the two? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Depends on what it's on. Trail rig or DD? I have old school glass packs on my rig. I chose them cause they're easy to fit, cheap, and I like the sound. I wouldn't use them on a DD though. All depends on what you like really.

Comment

It's for my jeep. I have Flowmasters on it before I had the 4 link. Now with the 4 link I was having problems trying to fit true duals. So I ended up going with cherry bombs.. Which are WAY too loud. So I'm torn between trying something new (Magna Flow) or going to what I know sounds good (Flowmaster). I'll have to look up some videos. The key for me is to have a nice deep rumble sound to it.

Also any information on a good set of cheap headers I could buy for a 350 5.7L

Comment

I've had a pair of the original Flowmaster 40 series on my Blazer for probably 15 years and they are holding up great, and pretty happy with the sound. My 2500HD has a pair of Magnaflows on it, they are 3" but the longer case (quieter) and happy with the sound for something you drive more regular. I will say the Magnaflows have a lot of surface rust on them for supposedly being stainless steel while the Flowmasters look great....granted the 2500HD gets driven on salty roads, but only if it's real bad out, where the Blazer rarely sees salt.

I wouldn't get too hung up with having a "true dual exhaust". I would just do what is easier to fit (single or dual).

You don't mention Dynomax but just wanted to say to stay away from them in my opinion. Tried a couple different versions on the 2500HD and had issues with all of them. Tried two sets of the "VT" series which have a valve in them which stays closed under light throttle so they are quiet when cruising, then the valve opens up under heavy throttle for more sound. Both sets sounded like metal pieces bouncing around in them. Then went with their normal mufflers and both split out around the seams after about a year.

Comment

Working...
        X