2012 RZR XP 900 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 RZR XP 900 Build

I figured I would document my build progress here. I bought it with front and rear bumpers, doors, front windshield, rear dust shield, rear view mirror, aftermarket steering wheel, rear cargo box, and 5 point harnesses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_001805.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	77104

Name:	WP_001809.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	77105

Name:	WP_001811.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	77106

I bought a full roof and an empty stereo pod so I could build my own system.

Name:	WP_001814.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	77107

Name:	WP_001817.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	77108

I'm waiting on the stereo parts to come in.

For anyone using the Cooter Brown roof and a flip down windshield, be aware that the windshield will not shut against the bars as it shuts against the roof. The only issue this may cause is if it's raining, the water might roll in between the roof and the shield. You could always pop out the two mounting screws and put the shield under the roof if it is raining a lot. You would not be able to fold the shield out unless you put it back the way it was.

I ordered a new winch, and power steering. It will be here today. Should have it on tomorrow. I still need to upgrade the trailing arms and a stronger skid plate under the engine.

The power steering is killer. Glad I went ahead and put it on.

[ATTACH]7663[/ATTACH]

The winch tucks in nicely so you really can't see it. All you see is the hook.

[ATTACH]7664[/ATTACH]

One of the rear arms was bent, so I put some high clearance arms on.

[ATTACH]7665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7666[/ATTACH]

Put in a Kenwood marine stereo, and some 6" LED Kickers.

[ATTACH]7667[/ATTACH]

There is a full cage in it's future.

Comment

Looks good. I'm leaving Thursday morning for 4 days at Royal Blue. Hit me up if you can make it down.

Comment

Originally posted by solar1 View Post
        Looks good. I'm leaving Thursday morning for 4 days at Royal Blue. Hit me up if you can make it down.
        Sounds like a good time, but I can't make it.

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

Did some more updates. I found one of the front a-arms bent so I put on some high clearance arms. The stocks ones are cheap compared to the new ones. Also added a little LED bar to the front.

Name:	WP_20150330_19_59_01_Pro.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	71703

Name:	WP_20150328_12_57_02_Pro.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	71704

Comment

What brand are the arms , I've got a tweaked one and have been looking for something new.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
                What brand are the arms , I've got a tweaked one and have been looking for something new.
                These are the ones from super ATV. They move the axle 1.5" forward, so you can run a 30" tire without a lift. They have a lifetime warranty, and come with all new ball joints. The only thing took some time was adjusting the camber. I like them. They are beefy.

http://www.superatv.com/Polaris-RZR-...P8105C737.aspx

Comment

You'll love the 12" led. I find I use it more than my 30" or HIDs.

Comment

Originally posted by solar1 View Post
                    You'll love the 12" led. I find I use it more than my 30" or HIDs.
                    Yeah, it should do the job. I have it wired to my brights. I have a 32" led bar on my rig. That sucker is like the sun.

Comment

I bought a couple el cheapo shafts to try out. I'm putting one front and one rear on to see how long they last. I'll keep the factory ones as spares. They say they're 4340 steel, so hopefully they are stronger the OEM. The rear shaft was 1/8 thicker the OEM. We'll see...
                      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:	20160706_183446.jpg
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	72068

I couldn't get the axles out of the case so I hit google to see why. Saw a video of a guy trying to get one out. It was rusted in there. I didn't know they weren't sealed inside and there's no seal to keep water out. So I got out some WD industrial and sprayed all 4 axles where they enter the case and let them soak all night. Sprayed them again next day and with a little pry and pull, they came out. I recommend spraying them often to keep them from rusting. Changing a rusty one on the trail would suck. I used anti seize on the new ones.

I had been noticing some play in the wheel bearings for a while. After I took everything off the play in the bearing was scary. I guess the caliper toned the play down some. I have 4 new ones on the way. I found a cool greaser for them too. This is something I want to add to my yearly maintenance routine.

Last edited by 93 Krawler; 07-07-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

After taking everything apart I found the bearings were in worse shape that I had thought. They were dry and had a bunch of play. Got the new ones from All Balls Racing. They are good and tight now. Definitely going to keep them greased from now on.

Name:	20160708_212918.jpg
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	72070

Name:	20160708_212902.jpg
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	72071

Comment

Added something new to the rzr, heat... My intention is to make a set of removable uppers for my lower doors to keep the heat in. Bring on the cold weather.

Name:	20161204_134533.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	72198

Name:	20161206_195003.jpg
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	72199

Comment

Got some new tires too. Same size, just more aggressive. 27" ITP Blackwater
                            Attached Files

Comment

Figured you would be getting new tires after the DTOR trip. The Blackwaters are at the top of my list also.

Comment

Working...
                              X