Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha's new offering

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/spo...live-unveiling

I didn't see the HP rating of the engine anywhere. I always thought it would be cool to have sxs you could shift. I wanna test drive one.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
      I didn't see the HP rating of the engine anywhere. I always thought it would be cool to have sxs you could shift. I wanna test drive one.
      I hunted around and it seems it makes in the 112-115 range..with a manual gearbox I bet it gets it! The one big downfall is it doesn't have a low range ..it's gonna be more of a bouncer than a crawler.

Comment

Orion reaper has 5 speed with high and low 4x4. And lockers. But only 53 hp but they are street legal
        www.offroadohio.com
        www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
        www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
        www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Originally posted by offroadohio View Post
          Orion reaper has 5 speed with high and low 4x4. And lockers. But only 53 hp but they are street legal
          They look cool...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	71850

Click image for larger version

Name:	MC-REEPER-HT01-a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	71851

Comment

Problem is they are Chinese
            I haven't convinced myself to test a 10000 dollar Chinese product
            www.offroadohio.com

Comment

Im not sure what the market is for those..they're neither a good car or off road toy.

Comment

If I thought they'd hold up atleast aswell as a stock rzr I'd but 1.
                www.offroadohio.com

Comment

I have a buddy who has been watching these closely and considering trading in his Viking for one. For power there is a Yamaha guy quoting 111-112 HP when interviewed by one of the ATV online magazines. The lack of a low range is interesting and I wonder how it would do on technical trails.

Yamaha has a much better reputation for build quality and durability than many others especially Polaris. My buddy and several guys he rides with it won't even touch a Polaris but I know part of that is just personal preference. I will say his Viking has been very reliable with the only issue being a torn CV boot by a stick and that is with aftermarket 28" tires and it gets rode hard.

Comment

I am quite the opposite. I ride polaris, and occasionally her little honda
                    The 3 new grizzlys her family bought in 2014 to ride with us are not reliable at all. Usually my sportsman is dragging one of them back.

Honda hands down for reliability they just are behind on technology.

Polaris has thier own issues but I've been riding them since I was 10 and have gotten the hang of them.

Feels funny to me to ride anything else.

Polaris biggest issue with atv and utv is not enough driveline beef. Running stock tires on an 800 is like putting 35s on a sammi axle with a v8 under the hood.
                    www.offroadohio.com

Comment

Working...
                    X