CORE Tour 2017, Oct 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORE Tour 2017, Oct 21-22

The dates for CT17 snuck up on us quick! We're just two weeks out, October 21st and 22nd.

The last couple years we've been doing DTOR and Mud Madness. That seems to work pretty we'll, so we're sticking with it for 2017.

We'll start at Dirty Turtle Off Road (Bedford KY) on Saturday morning, wheel all day, and camp there Saturday night.
    They have bathhouses, a nice general store, and cabins available with heat and electric.

Then Sunday morning we'll pack up and head east, to Mud Madness. This is the old Hills N Hollars in Lockport KY, should be less than an hour's drive

Any and all are welcome, front and rear tow points are strongly suggested.
    Post up and I'll put a roster together. Look forward to seeing everybody out there!

Looking like another good group this year:
    Me, Robert.
    Jeff and Zach Smith
    Kevin OBryon
    Pat "Skip" Patton
    Chris and Jessi?
    Brad Bean
    Eric Jennings
    Craig Baurichter
    Robbi Weis and Heather Epple
    Justin Retherford
    Joel Benhoit
    Plus another dozen facebook "maybes."
    Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 10-17-2017, 05:47 PM.
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

- - Specifics and details - -

Times:
    We'll meet at the Union KY reststop (71/75 South, milemarker 177) at eight, which should put us at DTOR about 9:00 or 9:30

Sunday, we'll try to get up and gone by nine, to hit Lockport by ten. If someone wants to meet us for the back half, they can.

Facilities:
    DTOR has cabins that sleep four comfortably, up to eight if you're hard up. They're sparse, but do have heat, a/c, a microwave and minifridge.
    They also put in bathhouses that were really nice last year.
    There's a general store with some sxs parts, snack foods, and apparel.

Mud Madness, well, they have a barn where they take your money. And maybe a portalet.

Prices:
    DTOR's day pass is $20 driver and $5 passenger, plus a $5 primitive camping fee that includes bathhouse access.
    I did verify that as long as we're not wheeling Sunday before we leave, we won't have to pay the weekend rate.
    The cabins are now $75, regardless of headcount. They do need to be reserved, with a deposit.

Mud Madness is $15 driver, $10 passengers.

Addresses, Distances and Drive Times:
    Dirty Turtle Off Road: 93 Bucks Run Road, Bedford, Kentucky 40006
    Mud Madness: 2740 Harpers Ferry Rd, Lockport, Kentucky 40036

Union Reststop to Dirty Turtle: 53 miles, 56 minutes
    DTOR to Mud Madness: 36 miles, 56 minutes
    Mud Madness to Cincinnati (via 355/277): 77 miles, 1:26

http://dirtyturtleoffroad.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mud-M...48910518620973
    Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 10-16-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I am out for the tour. Too much happening that weekend. If the yota is still together I am looking to go the following weekend though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Zach and I are in. We will meet at the rest stop with everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

I'm in with the rzr. Truck is broken from harlan. Pink hook coming my way for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Last edited by 93 Krawler; 10-16-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Im out trying to fix my runner from a gold mountian trip a few weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
              I'm in with rhe rzr. Truck is broken from harlan. Pink hook coming my way for sure.

It's all you Brother.....nice job
              No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

It's mandatory I have to work on Saturday, besides that my rig is currently 3 wheel drive with no possibility of getting apart to fix and get parts in time. Broke off Drivers rear Chromoly shaft off in Differential.
                Attached Files

Comment

Just a reminder: We usually meet on the "car" side of the rest stop, even though a lot of us have trailers. That time of the morning, the truck side is always packed, and we'll have a helluva time meeting up.

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
                    It's mandatory I have to work on Saturday, besides that my rig is currently 3 wheel drive with no possibility of getting apart to fix and get parts in time. Broke off Drivers rear Chromoly shaft off in Differential.
                    Put your spare shaft in and come out Sunday.

Comment

What he said! ^^^^^

Comment

Hoping to make it on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                          Put your spare shaft in and come out Sunday.
                          Ha ha I work Sunday also...there is a very Slight Chance I may be able to get off Saturday without causing a mess, a higher up dropped the ball in my favor..we will see how that works out, still waiting on a answer. I actually text Robert yesterday and asked em if the Trails at Dirty Turtle were Friendly to a nice Daily/ pavement princess with nice Body and Paint. Looks like Dirty Turtle has trails for show n shine or demolition derby you can decide by which turn you make.
                          The chances of getting my rig tore apart and put back together is 0 %...differential has to come out with unknown problems that will most likely result in taking third Member apart to remove twisted shaft in locker. I also purchased a inspection plug I'm welding in the top of my differential housing so I can inspect Ring and pinion without removing anything, this will take some time and perfection to install. It's difficult to find the time to fix the current problem that I have let alone try to take apart to make work for 1 day to take back apart again.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Can't wait for this weekend!

Comment

I'll meet y'all at dtor. Don't wait on me, I'll find ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X