How come....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come....

When I went back and tried to edit the title of my "Stihl MS 290" post in the for sale section it doesn't change the title even though I made the alteration?

Not *****ing just figured that I was doing something wrong!

Jeff

database issues today, try again later....

Comment

I thought that you couldn't edit the title... I've gone back to edit the title block and nothing happened... maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

nevermind, just did it and it worked fine.:confused:
        brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

well, you are an admin Brad.... i don't think a normal user can edit the title... hmmm, not sure if it's a setting i can change or not.

hey Jeff, try it again, and let me know if you can. or anyone else for that matter.

Comment

works fine, anyone can change the title of their threads, but you have to go into the "advanced editing" not just the quick pop-up edit within the same thread window.

make sense?

Comment

Nope... I went in and "went advanced" and it let me type in a new thread title but it did not post my change. It shows the change in the "title:" area and has it saved as I could see my alteration from 4/23 but it does not show up on the forum section listings.

This is not the only forum board that works this way , I didn't know if this was a glitch or if when you (Mike/Brad) set up the new board that you selected this as a mod only privilege?

No biggie , Jeff

Comment

WTF, I even tried to modify your post... and didn't change for me either...

Works/worked in the testing area... I think I'm as confused as you Jeff... Unless the "For Sale" section is specifically set up so folks can't change it?

Whatever, going out in the garage for a while, I've had ENOUGH of computers tonight.
                brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Let me have a shot at fixing it. I think I have what it takes to get the job done. I will use one of these red things I have with a long wick on it and place it under the computer and see if blowing the hard drive up into little bits helps. Heh!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X