X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnage! (Pink Hook)

Need to make this a sticky...

This is dedicated to the member who received the pink hook fir the month award. Please give detailed description and pictures of the carnage that awarded you this.
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Stickied! I think we decided Zac's busted axleshaft in Rankin Ravine at Rush took it for August, right? Partially because he wasn't at the meeting to defend himself?
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

My bad for not being at the meeting. I was watching the sh*** Bengals play.

Comment

You get an extra pink cook for watching the Bungles play instead of coming to the meeting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Since I got nominated for the pink hook award here is the story behind it... On Labor day weekend, we decided to find this new trail called Rankin's Ravine (very cool trail). As I'm trying to go up the ravine, all I here is "dump it and go!" So what do I do? I hammered down on the throttle and sure enough I broke my passenger side axle. So what turned into hitting a new trail, turned into trying to get me out. We ended up pulling my jeep up the ravine and turned out there was no exit, besides this sloppy hill/ravine up ahead that everyone would of had to wench up. So long story short, ended up turning around and heading back down the trail to exit. Luckily we had a spare axle back at camp, where I spent the night changing it out in the dark (After eating dinner at the local pizza buffet, where Tony Vilardo drove his rig down into town. He ended up blowing out an idler pulley's bearing on the way there. ) I ended up getting pulled by Jim Busch and My day, Jeff Smith. Here are two photos for the carnage.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like an older factory necked down shaft. On my rig those broke easier than the factory 30-spline stubs.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
              Looks like an older factory necked down shaft. On my rig those broke easier than the factory 30-spline stubs.

Exactly what it is. Factory axle, went ahead and bought another one thats not tapered down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pink hook sticker is officially on the jeep...

Comment

Looks good!

sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Black Mountain Ride

I get the Pink hook for the most damage at the Black Mountain ride. I cracked my transfer case on the waterfall. Decided to keep going through Fish Fossil, Killin Time, and then Lower Damnation where I lost my front pinion bearings. Had to get pulled through Lower Damnation. Transfer case was still kickin with no oil in it, but the pinion was not working so well.
                    Took it back and got the RZR and beat that the rest of the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b70464c31ec34a9d29cd6323bc3fa593.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	72363

Comment

CORE Tour Pink Hook

Great weekend wheelin at Dirty Turtle and Mud Madness. I was granted the pink hook due to snapping a CV joint on a bounce trying to climb up a vertical hill at Dirty turtle. One hop was all it took. I did have another driveshaft back at camp that allowed me to keep going. Had to winch out of 2 precarious spots as well to avoid flopping over.

Last edited by jeepmanjeff; 12-22-2017, 09:32 AM. Reason: add photo
                      sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Tony Vilardo where's your description of the pink hook and pictures??

Comment

I was nominated on 4/10/2019 (during our meeting). I was awarded the Pink Hook by exploding a rear CV driveshaft. This was the first time my NEW buggy was out on the trail and it was only a matter of time before that 1310 rear driveshaft gave.. I was a little shocked that I got the hook because, Kevin broke his belt while not climbing an obstacle and had to be towed back to a flat surface (blacktop) But I did have to borrow parts, which is mentioned below....

I was trying to climb something that I shouldn't of tried to (thanks Robert Hull LOL). He pointed me to climb a vertical rock slap that had a decent undercut to hit. I tried it twice and the third time was not lucky at all... BUT luckily Robert has a spare driveshaft that so happened to have a 1310 CV on it. So we took apart his spare driveshaft and fixed mine with his parts.

Good news is, we called up Tom Woods the next day. They are going to give me a 'money back' warranty and I'm having them build me a 1410/1350 driveshaft.. Luckily it was an even swap for this new driveshaft. So, I shouldn't have an issue now with breaking the rear driveshaft. Only weak point now is, the front driveshaft which are 1310s and then a 1350 down by the Dana 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
                            Kevin broke his belt while not climbing an obstacle and had to be towed back to a flat surface (blacktop)
                            I was on flat ground. It was wet so he towed me to dry ground. That belt had almost 2000 very hard miles on it. [emoji41]

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                              I was on flat ground. It was wet so he towed me to dry ground. That belt had almost 2000 very hard miles on it. [emoji41]

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Oh whatever [emoji6] lol

Comment

Working...
                              X