Dana 60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 60?

My buddy and I measured my rear axel today because the length just didn't look right. I know we've measured 2 other D60's and they were right at 52inches backing-to-backing! But mine is 55.5 inches! Has anyone ever seen this before? Reason Im asking is Im trying to figure out what it came out of..Thanks

Originally posted by 1bad96xj View Post
    My buddy and I measured my rear axel today because the length just didn't look right. I know we've measured 2 other D60's and they were right at 52inches backing-to-backing! But mine is 55.5 inches! Has anyone ever seen this before? Reason Im asking is Im trying to figure out what it came out of..Thanks
    You really need to measre WMS to WMS (wheel mounting surface...where the wheel will rest against the hub/rotor/etc...). I don't know specifically about D60's but on many other axles there are different style brakes or hubs that affect the backing plate dimensions.

Comment

absolutely agree with Brad...

Also, look for the BOM number (bill of materials, or something like that) that should be engraved on the tube... google the BOM (or search Pirate, thought that there was a good one on there somewhere) and find the source???

Lastly, if something doesn't look right, post up a pic... get some more eyes on it...
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, Ill do both and see what I come up with. If nothing else I'll just post the pic like you said

Comment

Working...
        X