No announcement yet.

Who has a diesel and whats your mpg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, another thing to consider is what gears you are runnin? Mine has 4.10's and honestly for what I use the truck for, and with the granny low in the 6 speed, I've conddred dropping to a 3.73 or 3.55. I have so over the road hauled friends that run a taller gear strictly for the milage. They say with the granny low, the 4.10's are pointless. I know im revving at around 2200 rpm's down the highway at 70.
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by bc35339 View Post
      mine is a 02 crewcab 4x4 auto. no lift with bfg tires, not sure what size but I will check. They look close to stock. When I bought the truck I took it to a shop and they said the injectors were fine. that was 10,000 miles ago. I was told if they were bad it would smoke at a idle. Mine dont smoke when idling and only slight smoke at full throttle. I have heard that 13.5 was normal for my truck and some people say they get 20+. Id be happy with 19-20 mpg.
      Stock tires are 265 75r16s, checked your air filter recently? sounds dumb but give it a check also i really can recomend a 4" back exhaust system.
      mine is 4x4 auto getting ready to be lowered 2" all around with 285 60r18 nitto terra grapplers.
      2013 RZR S

Comment

My tire sizes 30575r16 I believe.

Comment

I've got a late '99 2wd F250supercab. It gets 15mpg pulling a 9000 lb. trailer/truck combo. Don't know what it gets by itself, only use it to pull. I've thought about getting a TS chip, but lots of other stuff to spend $ on before that.
          I hate mud!

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod View Post
            holy sheet 36.8 mpg i have a hard time buying that but not saying its impossible. (NOT calling you a liar either )
            i know, i don,t buy it. but that what they said in the top truck diesel challenge. (ttdc)

Comment

All of you are doing better than my 08 F350 dulley. Ran from Cleveland to Hamilton yesterday pulling a 12 ft. box that was empty. I got 11.2 mpg running 65 mph. Pulled my 20' box last weekend with my Wrangler in it. I got 9.7 mpg at 200 miles round trip. At 4.00 a gallon this thing is killing me!!!!:mad:
              sigpic

Comment

I've got a 06 with a 6.0 (yeah, I know) and a SCT tuner on the performance setting. Around town, I get around 16, on the highway, I can get around 19 if I set the cruise and not get in a hurry. On the 65 hp tow setting, I get around 13 or 14 depending on terrain. That's hauling a deckover with a Jeep on it.

Comment

I use an '02 van with a 5.7, a quad in the van, pulling my 28' toy hauler full with a tracker and 2 quads only get like 6-7mpg I think it needs a tuneup and that's horrible mileage, but I guess if I'm only gonna be getting 12-14mpg anyays with a diesel then I guess I should just be happy i'm not making payments on one
                  91 Geota Exo'd on 35" Tractors etc.
                  06 Rhino 660 SE
                  Courageous Offroad Ministries
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cou...27565957345163

Comment

Originally posted by Mudstud View Post
                    All of you are doing better than my 08 F350 dulley. Ran from Cleveland to Hamilton yesterday pulling a 12 ft. box that was empty. I got 11.2 mpg running 65 mph. Pulled my 20' box last weekend with my Wrangler in it. I got 9.7 mpg at 200 miles round trip. At 4.00 a gallon this thing is killing me!!!!:mad:

You can improve on that, but I would wait until you get closer to the end of your warranty.
                    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                    5.14 tcase
                    36" TSL SX

Comment

Originally posted by Mudstud View Post
                      DPF DELETE!! gain gobs of performance and mpg! Trust me, after the DPF is gone, you wont look back.
                      2013 RZR S

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                        I've got a 06 with a 6.0 (yeah, I know) and a SCT tuner on the performance setting. Around town, I get around 16, on the highway, I can get around 19 if I set the cruise and not get in a hurry. On the 65 hp tow setting, I get around 13 or 14 depending on terrain. That's hauling a deckover with a Jeep on it.
                        I thought you sold your truck, I saw what I thought was yours on a Dealer Ad in your area.
                        I've got the same truck, do you still have the original heads, gaskets , studs etc.? I get ~ 14-15 unloaded and 10-12 towing 7K.

Comment

Originally posted by 8UP View Post
                          I thought you sold your truck, I saw what I thought was yours on a Dealer Ad in your area.
                          I've got the same truck, do you still have the original heads, gaskets , studs etc.? I get ~ 14-15 unloaded and 10-12 towing 7K.
                          I had it for sale and a kid told me he'd take it then backed out. Since then, I bought another crawler and trailer, so it's sticking around for a while. It's completely stock with the original heads, studs, gaskets, etc. I talked to the guys at SCT before I bought the tuner and was told that it would be safe as long as I stayed out of it. I have a pyro gauge and it never goes above 1200. I'm sure it won't last forever, but I treat it pretty nicely.

Comment

Thats good to hear, Thanks.

Comment

Wow it's amazing what an air filter and fuel filter do.I can tell it's not sluggish and it's got more gitty up.

Comment

My 2000 F-250 with a 5.4 and 275,000 miles gets around 10 towing my Heep. It is all stock except for the utility bed.
                                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X