Harlan fall crawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
    letd see sum pics of trip sounded fun! so did they ruin the waterfall? i liked climbin it left of the rock,
    The only way to climb it now is left of the rock. Looks like they did that to keep people from rolling over to the right.

Comment

Trip report of our weekend at the crawl. Jimmy C (runoveru2) and I got down there on Friday morning meet up with Ben and Billy (can't remember their usernames on here) and hit the trials. First up with Railbed. The big pile of dirt is gone from left side of the waterfall, but they have filled in some of the big hole on right of the rock (facing the waterfall). We ran that and took the first exit on the Left do avoid an inprogress trail fix at the normal exit. Next we hit Killin Time, which has gotten way more difficult than it was earlier this year. We all had to give it hell in a few spots to get through. We proceed to go to Grapevine where Ben had an issue on the left exit and blew up a rear ring and pinion and bent a leaf spring, unfortunately his weekend was done. After we got him back to camp, Jimmy and I went out and scouted the exits for Your Turn, all of which looked nasty, so we decided to run Crawfords Cry instead.

I remember the converation on the CB. Jimmy -this doesn't look too bad. Me - Look at the top, its more difficult than you think. Look at the map, its a class five. Jimmy - doesn't look like it. were going.

Jimmy went right through making it look easy! about 3/4 of the way up I had all kinds of issues, Got turned completely sideways Austin Powers style, couldn't go forward or backwards cause of dirt wall, and had a big ledge right next to the tires on the downhill side. And we now had company 2 more yota's were coming up the trail. It took two winches and about an hour to spin my rig 90 degrees and get it pointing down the hill. Unfortunatly during the recovery, my lights came out we forgot to get them out of the back of one of the rigs that helped winch me around. So night wheeling was limited.

After that adventure we went and ran trouble and few other trails an stopped to watch some of the buggies go through Lions Den and play on Little Jagger.

Saturday started out on mason Jar, which resulted in more carnage. About half way through Jimmy snapped a front main leaf. So we rachet strapped it back together and made our way back to camp. For the rest of the day we went around and watched some good action on the exits of Your Turn, Little Jagger, Cream Puff and Railbed.

Later that night I ran into a group of guys camping next to us and ran fish fossil with them. that trail is totally different than it was a few months ago and tI guess they did something to the exit because it was doable at night (with one headlight even) on little 35's. Just requires a lot of throttle and a little bouncing.

All in all it was a good trip, lots of carnage, no real traffic Jams. Hopefully we will see Ben, Billy and their friends with us on the trail again.

jim

Comment

Had a Awesome time this weekend even with it being cut short, its always a good time with Jim (Beergogles). Ben and Bill it was fun 1st time wheeling with you also, too bad it was cut way too short for you guys. Get a new Ring & Pinion and get a hold of me so we can make sure everthing is set up right. This has to be the first time Beergogles didn't make it up the same trail as I did, (Crawfords Cry), 99% of the time where I go he goes and vice/versa, crawfords cry lives up too its name cause my last name is crawford and i was ready to cry this morning due to body aches trying to get outa bed this morning due to Tim Cameron style Skinny pedal rock bouncing up Crawfords Cry. We had planned on me running Lions Den after Mason Jar but my main front leaf decided to let go at Mason Jar. Videos turned out pretty good, have a lot of Jim(beergogles) on a lot of different obsticals,( jim always puts on a good show for the camera), also have good pics of him sideways on Crawfords Cry and Ben breaking rear ring & Pinion. Will give all of this too Kevin at next Core meeting. Will try to post up some pics soon, I'm not very good at that stuff.
        No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Excuses, excuses, excuses for not running lions den!!! Lmao

Comment

Believe me I'm bummed out about not being able to run the Den, our plan was Mason Jar then head over to Lions Den but Truck Broke first, I'm just glad I broke on Mason Jar and not in Lions Den. Would have been Fun trying to get outa there with main leaf broke. Belive me Crawfords Cry is by far more extreme than Lions Den, there is no line to wait in for Crawfords Cry I'm sure plenty of people would agree on that.
            Last edited by Runoveru2; 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Why the hell dont I see any pictures?!?!?!?!?!

Those of us who didnt get to go need something to look at!!
              BYAAH!!!

Comment

I will try to figure out how in the morning. Or if someone can tell me how, I see people try and not do it right sometimes.

Comment

Here is one pick of Crawfords Cry, my kid took the I-pod to school so I don't have any pictures to post up till he gets home.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is 1 of Jim (Beergogles) trying to bypass a spot
                    Attached Files

Comment

Went down the weekend before fall crawl took the gopro and onlu have two videos. Didnt really take the time to video anything. One video is inside buggy going up creampuff other video os crawlin through lions den at night also inside view

Comment

http://youtu.be/T-bQNukGXYA

http://youtu.be/LNMjvs8uRzE
                        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by fastford View Post
                          If there arent any pics, then it didnt happen
                          Once I found the right line, it crawled right up. The camera makes it look almost flat ground...

Comment

Jim(s).......thanks again for all the help this weekend you guys. I had a great time even with the gear breakage early on. That will not be the last time we are on those trails together.....give me some time and she'll be back together and stronger!

Don't be afraid to post that carnage video Jimmy lol

Ben
                            1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Here are a few more pics, Beergogles is sideways on Crawfords Cry and at top of Mason Jar and a couple other pics, a few more pics and videos coming soon.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Like my brother, bbtank45, thank you to all of the Jim(s) for their hospitality this weekend. Had they not been there, the weekend would have been much less enjoyable and we wouldn't have seen a fraction of the park that we did.

I'm already looking forward to the next trip out.

Comment

Working...
                                X