dana 35 axle carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dana 35 axle carrier?

i am going to pull my axle carrier out of my d35 because the spider gears are welded i have a another axle carrier with spiders i am going to put in can i just swap out the carriers making sure i keep all shims where they need to go or would i have to have it reshimmed i dont know how to reshim but i can definitely swap it out trying to save some cash. my 8.8 project has stalled for now just need better diveability on the street thanks

To do it right you need to check the backlash, gear pattern, and bearing preload. If out of spec you would need to adjust the shims. I've seen people just reuse the old shim specs and it was pretty close, but it that is not always the case.

Comment

I would by a junkyard axle and do a whole swap.
      BYAAH!!!

Comment

I have reused the same shims when I swapped gears in a thirdmember. I have good luck doing so. If you can get some one to help ya that has set up gears before. If you can hit a local salvage yard and swap the axle. U-Pull and Pay is very cheap and I use them a lot. Just make sure you get the right Gear rato!!
        If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much room.

Comment

i already purchased the carrier now the question is its a 73630 model i think it is for 3.55 and higher the guy i got it from swears it will work with 3.07 gears says he used it with 3.07 gears if i cant use it does anybody know why i cant thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X