No announcement yet.

low buck build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

took off teh rear hitch, bumper, tail gate and fuel tank today. when i removed the tail gate, the bed sides dropped about 3", so that got added to the list to what needs to be done on it. got a boat fuel tank to use as a fuel cell. gonna try to modify it to i can drop my stock sending unit down in it.

beat up rusted out k5

Comment

added a lateral brace to help support the bed sides after removing the tail gate and to help when i remove the top as well. made a make shift rear bumper just like the front until i have time and material to build a real bumper.

got the boat tank fuel cell all hooked up and working using the factory tank sending unit. installed an ORD steering brace and a few other small things and it is ready to head back out on the trail.

still awaiting front lift springs so the lift can be installed and then it gets caged and "done" for now. the next big step will be tons, rear anti-wrap bar front locker.
      beat up rusted out k5

Comment

started to pinch the front clip last night. 7 1/2" from each side. one side temp. held in place, gotta finish the other side and cut the hood down, then weld it all back up permanently
        beat up rusted out k5

Comment

closer.

clearance is decent, but close.

beat up rusted out k5

Comment

lookin good! you sure are cheesin in that one pic!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Wheeled it today. other than a small clutch issue, believed to be a bad master cylinder, and the darn breakover angle killed me all went well. narrowed clip helped a ton when approaching steep hills and large drop offs. just gotta find time to install my clock ring and build a new cross member mount for the tranny.

the transfer case kept me from going up this, really did not want to risk bumping it into the rocks and busting it up.
              beat up rusted out k5

Comment

nice! where is that? ^^^
                Powerstrokes, Mustangs, and Jeeps.. oh my

Comment

That is at our parents farm.

Couple short videos just because. Tranny crossmember was hanging the Blazer up.

Edit: couldn't get the vids to embed

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....00100132136700

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...e=3&permPage=1
                  Last edited by Jonesy; 09-30-2012, 07:41 PM.
                  JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
                  87 Toyota Truggy

Comment

well. been a while. the vids posted was its last time out a while ago.

hopefully gonna make a new cross member for it at work this week, slap it on and meet you all at big rock this sunday with it.

but i did pick up a trussed 14 bolt set up for 4 link and a matching 8 lug 10 bolt for it.

Jonesy and I bought Jwends old tubing bender so come spring, i plan on back halfing it and 4 linking the rear. saving up and collecting parts this winter to start the build in the spring. for the time being, just gonna wheel it as it till it breaks for good.

plan is disc brakes on the 14ff, 4 linked with either air shocks or coil overs, tubing out from behind the rear seat back, dove tailing the rear body work and keeping most of all my sheet metal back there. wheel base should stay about the same i hope, maybe only a few inches longer but not much.
                    beat up rusted out k5

Comment

started the meat of the work today. Gonna be a Drivers Drop K5 now.

putting a 79 ford HP 60 under the front, using a later model GM drivers drop 241 in place of my current pass. drop 241. From what i have read, there should be no clearance issues from changing to drivers drop, so we are gonna find out.

got the rear 10 bolt out and started putting my 14 bolt together to go under it in place. Bought a bunch of tube to see how bad i am at tube bending as well. as soon as the axles are under it, going to dove tail it and cage it.

beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
                        started the meat of the work today. Gonna be a Drivers Drop K5 now.

putting a 79 ford HP 60 under the front, using a later model GM drivers drop 241 in place of my current pass. drop 241. From what i have read, there should be no clearance issues from changing to drivers drop, so we are gonna find out.
                        That's the same setup I have under mine. I have a flat skid plate from rail to rail under the transfer case. Not sure how tall your frame rails are compared to mine. It makes for a nice flat underbody. The 700R4 and the 241 make for a good low crawl ratio for a stock setup. Mine crawls good with 5:38's. Hope to see you out wheelin soon.

Comment

i have the SM465, so first is Really low already even with the stock 3.08s in the 10 bolts, but the tons have 4.10's in them. not idea for a 37-38" tire, but much better than the 3.08s for sure.

with my passenger drop case, i clocked it up already to give me a flat under side, gonna have to see where the driver drop case is gonna hang, but hopefully i can clock it up to give me a flat underside as well.
                          beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Please get those cinder blocks out from under it!
                            One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                            LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

or atleast turn them so they can bear weight
                              SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                                Please get those cinder blocks out from under it!
                                Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                                or atleast turn them so they can bear weight
                                BYAAH!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X