Rush Trail Clearing April 10th -12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Trail Clearing April 10th -12th

We are headed out to Rush again to do our part to make Rush a better offroad park to wheel.

We will spend part of the day Saturday April 11th clearing the end of the trail that we made last year called Hardcore. Then we will scope out a place to start a new trail and clear that one too. The rest of the time we will be wheeling.

Please post up if you are interested in helping out and what dates you plan to attend. If you can bring a chainsaw it would help out a lot.

Some of us will be there Friday around noon.

Going so far...

Jim C - Runoveru2 4/11
    Robert - WrenchMonkey 4/10 - 4/12
    Mark - Waffle. 4/10 - 4/12
    Kevin - 93 Krawler. 4/10 - 4/12
    Jim B - beer_googles_009 - 4/10 - 4/12
    Tony - Flint - 4/11 - 4/12
    Scott - 94Dodge Truggy
    Last edited by 93 Krawler; 03-19-2015, 01:55 PM.

I'd like to join you Saturday and maybe Sunday if you are clearing and wheeling most of the day.
    Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
    2000 Wrangler TJ
    1967 CJ5A
    2004 Tow rig

Comment

Wish I could go again this year, but I am planning on being out there the following weekend. I would like to get some directions to the trail that you guys made last year, and are finishing this year. The pics of it looked great, but I don't think we ever found it when we went back.
      UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
        I'd like to join you Saturday and maybe Sunday if you are clearing and wheeling most of the day.
        Sure, come on out. We get to wheel it after we clear it.

Comment

Originally posted by uglyoffroad View Post
          Wish I could go again this year, but I am planning on being out there the following weekend. I would like to get some directions to the trail that you guys made last year, and are finishing this year. The pics of it looked great, but I don't think we ever found it when we went back.
          Bummer... I do have the GPS coordinates if that will help. Maybe we can get a sign and mark it when we are there.

Comment

Definity get a sign and post up what trail number it is off. We will look for it and try to get it worn it a bit more.
            UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

What do you mean? Harlans trails are marked very well. Rush has the main trails marked ( you can see a map on their website). But it is hard to find the good stuff by looking at the map as only a few named obsticles/trails are shown on the map. I'm sure the maps will get better over time. The park has only been open a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle
                What I meant was, at Harlan it seems that most of the stuff far away is hard to get to. Stuff like lions den and mason jar etc. Seems like we're always stopping and turning around wondering what trail we're on and gettin lost lol. Its better than it used to be for sure, just maybe a few forks could use aditional signs. Or mayb its just the map guy idk lol.
                Some of the new stuff isn't on the map yet. The big difference at Rush is you don't have to drive ten miles out of your way to get around a mountain. With 7000 acres you still have some driving to do, but not as much as Harlan. There has been new trails every time we've gone.

Jim, we need to find the ravine we tried to get in before. That will be a good trail if we can get in...

Comment

I'll bring a chain saw. It's a Stihl 14" but I could bring something bigger. I doubt you want to cut anything that big.
                  2000 Wrangler TJ
                  1967 CJ5A
                  2004 Tow rig

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
                    I'll bring a chain saw. It's a Stihl 14" but I could bring something bigger. I doubt you want to cut anything that big.
                    That should be fine. I doubt we will cut anything that big either.

Comment

Anyone else? This will be a good time.

Comment

There is a Pilot truck stop for fuel and food about 10 minutes drive from the park. You'll pass it on the way to Rush. I don't have a gas gage so I top off on the way in, wheel all day and then fill up again at the end of the day if I camp.

Speaking of camping, will anyone be spending the night/ nights?
                        2000 Wrangler TJ
                        1967 CJ5A
                        2004 Tow rig

Comment

I plan on camping Friday and Saturday nights.

Jim

Comment

Dang! Going to Nashville for our anniversary, and the NRA convention. Don't tell my wife......
                            Romans 7-8

Comment

Most often of us are camping Friday and Saturday nights.

Comment

Working...
                              X