Yamaha YXZ 1000R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha YXZ 1000R

Not mine unfortunately, but a friend's new ride. 2016 Yamaha YXZ 1000R. This is the manual 5-speed version.

[IMG][/IMG]

Straight from the dealer he had a GYTR gear reduction kit and Rekluse clutch installed. The factory gearing is known for working well out in the desert or other open area but too high for tight woods trails and technical stuff. The kit lowers 1st gear by 70% and 2nd - 5th by 30%. It will still run mid-60s mph otherwise stock.

Tires were next. 32" SuperATV Intimidators on beadlocks. Here they are next to the stock 27" Bighorns.

[IMG][/IMG]

The thing is a beast now. He was concerned with the power loss with the bigger tires but said with the gearing it has plenty of low end power to spin these....he was actually surprised at how well it did.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have heard that even with the gear reduction it is not enough. I'm going to be curious to see how it performs what he actually gets it out into some tough stuff.

Slade would be a good test for that we need to get that ride put together...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    www.offroadohio.com
    www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
    www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
    www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Originally posted by offroadohio View Post
      I have heard that even with the gear reduction it is not enough. I'm going to be curious to see how it performs what he actually gets it out into some tough stuff.

Slade would be a good test for that we need to get that ride put together...

The "big hill" right behind his house is a good test for hill climbs. It is steep, rutted, and has a large tree root towards the top. He said it would just walk up the hill even when wet. Keep in mind that this same hill can give a rig with a big-block and 42" tires fits. The Rekluse clutch also aids in the low speed stuff. He said if they offered a CVT version he would have gone that route but did not want a Can-Am or Polaris and the YXZ is about the only other rig in the same category as the RZR or Maverick.

Comment

The new wildcat xx should kill them all when it comes out in 2018. But for now you are right, closest cat has is the 1000 and they have no proven as reliable as my little cat sport has.

The can am "locker" is a deal killer for me on the maverick.

Roy is gonna lose what little hair he has left once he really gets to open that thing up on the trails I think.

www.offroadohio.com
        www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
        www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
        www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Working...
        X