350 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 wiring

Im putting a 1990 SBC 350 TBI in my TJ. I've looked at a lot of options for wiring harnesses and Im wondering what you would recommend. I was originally gonna go with a Painless harness but its close to $400 I found a Fuel Injection Connection harness on eBay for much cheaper. Anyone know any pros or cons to that brand? My Jeep is going to be as basic as I can get it. I've never dealt with wiring before so splicing a stock harness is probably out of my skill range. Any input would really help. Thanks

This is the eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m32

go with the painless the other is junk! I have had the painless installed for about 6 years and it is flawless. Quality wiring and great instructions. I also have gone the stock route, very simple to do.

I can assist on a stock wiring conversion for a fee. would be cheaper than buying a whole harness especially if you have one handy.

If you have one and will not use it, I will take it off your hands.....
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Better go with painless wiring for simplicity! Each wire is labeled on the wire itself. Some GM guys are able to rework a harness quite easily also. My advice is not to hook up red with black and not to weld with the computer still connected to the harness!
      sigpic

Comment

That harness just does the fuel injection only. You will still need to get the alternator, starter, ignition power, and guages wired.

I do not know what all the painless harness hooks up.

You are probably going to have to retain some of the TJ harness. The best thing to do is to splice the TJ and TBI harness together unless you are going to gut the Jeep. I have done several Jeeps (YJ, CJ) but no TJs yet.
        89 YJ EFI AMC 360, T18a, D20, built D44, 14 bolt, 38" Creepy Crawlers.

Comment

Ok, I'll try a stock harness if I can get one off a friend. Im up for a inexpensive learning experience. Otherwise I'll use Painless. I already have the Painless guage harness. My TJ's wiring is all boogered up so I dont know whats still usable on it. Ive got some time to figure it out. Jeepmanjeff, I'll probably PM you when I get my parts together. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X