Stolen Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Jeep

More specs added in case you see parts showing up for sale.

A friend had his Jeep stolen from the Columbus area the other night. Please keep a look out for it, or the parts.....if the thieves are keeping it intact it would stand out pretty easily.

I'm trying to confirm some more specifics and get better pictures but here is what I have for now.

- '87-ish YJ (originally had the carbed 258)
    - light blue in color, GRAY soft top and half doors with soft uppers
    - chrome grill
    - airtank mounted under the rocker/step area
    - swapped in 4.0L
    - York air compressor on engine
    - AX15 trans
    - 231 t-case with slip yoke eliminator, and rear only 2-low kit
    - full-width D44 front w/ 5.39 gears, Lock-right and crossover steering
    - 9" full-width rear axle w/ 5.39 gears and full spool
    - spring-over suspension using lift springs (sits pretty tall)
    - 35x10.5 - 15 Boggers on white wagon wheels
    - updated - had a Warn 8274 winch on the front

Last edited by blazerbrad; 06-08-2009, 11:57 AM.

It's requiring me to log in?
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
      It's requiring me to log in?
      Trying to directly post the pictures on the thread but won't let me (using the "insert image" button). I'll try to figure something out.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
        Trying to directly post the pictures on the thread but won't let me (using the "insert image" button). I'll try to figure something out.
        Really? Are they too big? I don't see any permissions that would stop you..
        I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
          Really? Are they too big? I don't see any permissions that would stop you..
          Our club's site is weird about pics sometimes...hosted them on a different site and are okay now. Will try to get better ones soon.

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for it. I might be up that way in a few weeks or down Lisa's way.

Comment

Added more details.

Comment

I'd put this on Pirate4X4's stolen vehicle listing:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44
                Unimog 406
                XJ with a bunch of stuff put on by somebody else

Comment

Bitter-sweet update. What was left of the YJ was recovered:

A quick summary...a guy reported he saw a YJ with full-width D44/9" axles sitting at a shady mechanics shop. The owner and a friend immediately ran over to check it out, however it was not the same YJ (this one had a swapped in V-8, different trans and t-case), only the same type of axles. Considering rest of this YJ was pretty custom and the axle combo isn't that rare (last trailride this guy was on 2 other YJ's were there with these axles), and no way to easily check the gears and lockers, they left thinking that it was probably not the same stuff. However the local police snooped around this shop some more and found the remnants of the stolen YJ in the back as seen above, and the full-widths had been removed and replaced with stock YJ axles. Also notice how they quickly spray painted the remainder of the sheet metal, presumably so it wasn't as obvious to people looking for light blue. Based off that there is a good chance the YJ they looked at the day before actually had the axles from the stolen Jeep. Good thing is they have the plate # of the YJ in question.

I'm trying to get a list of missing parts so everybody can keep a look out for them.

Comment

UPDATE:

Keep an eye out for this YJ, as it likely has the missing axles.

Black YJ
                    white spokes with thornbirds
                    full-width 9in (with spool) and the dana 44.
                    believe it has a V-8 in it
                    OH plate EOC 9312.

Call this number:
                    If you see it call me day or night 614-989-6012.

Another guy heard of this conversation:

At the Apache Archery Club in Lithopolis, OH, heard a guy exited about his new 318 in his YJ planned on axles this week. Sounded funny to me an figured Id speek up. I know it doesnt help with where its at but maybe an idea where he hangs out if its the same YJ

Parts missing:
                    8274 warn winch (used doesn't look showroom new)
                    ford 9" spring over
                    ford hp d44 spring over
                    high steer/crossover steering
                    both front and rear drive shafts I know he had a nice cv rear shaft
                    complete tub (be suspicious of any spray-bombed ones)
                    removable top and doors
                    welded in roll cage (not removable)

All I can say is the fourwheeling community is great in keeping an eye out for stolen items.

Comment

never mind, found my answers on OffroadOhio.com after posting in this thread.

I don't understand why someone can't trace the OHIO LICENSE PLATE that is posted here...
                      Last edited by jfiscus; 06-11-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                        never mind, found my answers on OffroadOhio.com after posting in this thread.

I don't understand why someone can't trace the OHIO LICENSE PLATE that is posted here...
                        Don't kid yourself Jason, you know the ones have already done it.

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
                          Don't kid yourself Jason, you know the ones have already done it.
                          Ah, possibly whom Dennis the Menace was always aggravating?

Comment

the plate is not entered as stolen as of yesterday ! I checked prolly need to tell your buddy to get it entered

Comment

Sarge, did you run the plate that is just a few posts above, or the one from the first picture? I think the plate listed a few posts above was on a suspected recipient of parts from the stolen YJ... I could be wrong... it happens...
                              brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                              Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X