Sticky vs. Regular Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky vs. Regular Tires

I'm trying to find out if anyone has actually wheeled on a set of non-sticky tires such as regular MT/Rs or Krawlers. I'm trying to figure out if these two are halfway decent in regular compound.

I wheeled with a guy on 40" MTR/K that were the regular compound and he made it right up Hairpin at Slade with no front locker when everyone else had troubles. I have not wheeled with many people on stickies, but the MTR/K look to do pretty good in the rocks.

Comment

Christ, the sticky tire hype is fawking ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
        x2
        sigpic
        chris hodges
        96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
        71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

That's kinda what I figured. I have just never wheeled with either tire in sticky or regular compound.

Comment

I've had both... if yer a comp guy and every 1/10th of a second counts and you get a new set of tires every 3 rides, then sure, go with stickies. If yer a wheeler that wheels, buy 2 sets of tires for what one set of stickies cost.

Comment

I'm definitely a wheeler. I'm just looking for a good tire for the Harlan, Big Rock, Slade type terrain.

Comment

Swamper tsl or tsl/sx or pitbull rockers... Best tires for this part of the country
                S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

the more i c rockers work the more impressed i am with them!
                  SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                    X2 at first look, they look like they would load up and slip.... but they work well, and much tougher sidewall than swampers.

Comment

If i were in the market for a tire, it would be the 42" pitbull...

Comment

If i were in the market for a tire, it would be the 42" pitbull...
                        x2 on that.

I saw how Kirbys 42" PBR's worked and became a fan...tough as hell and eatlikeasum*****!

I myself have had great luck with BFG reds.. bought a set for $1500 and sold them for $2400.

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                          yea when it comes for me to get new tires i'm 99% sure i will be going with rockers... I have always been a Swamper fan, but with the bs about production they have been having i am steering away from them unless i find a good deal...
                          sigpic
                          chris hodges
                          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Ask flxratd how well stickies worked for him

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                              Ask flxratd how well stickies worked for him
                              There's a story in there somewhere...?
                              my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Working...
                              X