Who has a diesel and whats your mpg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a diesel and whats your mpg?

Hey everyone just curious how many miles per gallo do you get with your diesel not towing? I have a 99 pstroke stock except exhaust and somehow I'm only getting 10-12 in town and I drive like an 80 year old grandma! it does have bigger tires which may be a factor but still 12 mpg!

I have a 02 extended cab short bed 4x4 cummins empty I'm around 18.5mpg with my gooseneck on I get around 14.5mpg. I have a couple of small mods done to it.

Comment

Originally posted by fordman00 View Post
      Hey everyone just curious how many miles per gallo do you get with your diesel not towing? I have a 99 pstroke stock except exhaust and somehow I'm only getting 10-12 in town and I drive like an 80 year old grandma! it does have bigger tires which may be a factor but still 12 mpg!
      That's bout right for a choke... Put a box on it and it may get a Lil better but not much
      S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

That's way my buddy has and his Is about the same.and my uncle has a 6.0 powerstroke and it was getting 17 and I was beating the snot our of it

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
          That's bout right for a choke... Put a box on it and it may get a Lil better but not much
          All the ones I looked at said maybe 2-4 miles per gallOn gain.mostly ts 6 position

Comment

Just talked to 2 guys here at work, both completely stock 4x4 versions:

'99 auto - 16 highway, 13-14 city
            '00 6-speed - 18 highway, no city info, but about 14 towing 7k on highway

Comment

Hmmmm.I dont know, it just irritates me because I know it can do better.I gave a l99 as well ext. Cab 4x4stock except tires n exhaust.

Comment

Have you corrected the speedo/odo for the larger tires? If not, you are actually getting more miles out of a tank of fuel

Comment

No,I actually have not but I hope to be getting a chip soon and maybe down size my tire size.

Comment

i've got a '99 with the 6 speed two wheel drive i get around 17 combined city and highway. everything is stock

Comment

I have an 03' Cummins auto, 2wd and get about 20-21 daily driving mixture and get about 15-16 towing my Jeep running at 70. If I go above 70ish it drops fast. All stock with a Leer Snug Top on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2010 dodge 2500 4x4 mega cab
                        16-18 highway or around town 35 mph or 75 mph doesnt matter

But put a 24' GN behind it and BAM bout 8-12

I am running 33's with the odo corrected

I put a 6" lift and 37's on it for about 3 months and took that **** right back off. It Dropped to 12-13 MPG and with me averaging 1000-1500 miles a week that wasnt going to cut it...

Comment

I have a 99 with the 6 speed 4x4 on 35s. I get 12 highway, 12 city, and 12 regardless of how much weight I have behind it. I have a ts 6 position and keep it on the 50 horse. Not much difference bt the 50 horse and the.rest of the settings with stock injectors other than the amount of smoke imo. I hope to lower it to a 2 or 4 inch lift (currently an 8") so that should help my milage a little. I want to get it up to around 15.
                          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

i just sold my old 97 12 valve 4x4 5 speed x-cab that was getting 25ish empty and around 18 towing. had well over 500.000 on it too. my 03 crew cab is around 22 empty and 14 towing. it is a two wheel auto tho.gabby.

Comment

I have a 05 Dodge CCLB 3500 single rear wheel 6 speed. On the highway it will all most break 20. Hand calculated it comes in right at 19.97 most of the time. Towing I usually get 14-15. I drive right at the speed limit and run my smarty jr on #2 with an intake and exhaust.

Fordman00, I've had 6 or 7 Powerstrokes. My last one was a 2000 CCSB and the best it would get was 14 and 9-10 towing. They were good trucks but I couldn't get the milage up.
                              www.roarkfabrication.com

Comment

Working...
                              X