low buck build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low buck build up

retired the Trusty ZJ to field duty, time to move on to bigger and better things.

picked this up for $750 as a starting point.

1989 k5 blazer. 350TBI, sm465, np241. has some clutch issues, but does run and drive. body is rough, but for $750 i didn't expect a show piece.

plan is to shackle flip the rear, lift the front to match (4" lift springs or possiblya 52" spring swap), narrow the front clip, some sliders and bumpers, lock the rear and wheel it till the 10 bolts break, then find a 14b and d44(but hopefully a 60) for it. eventually a cage and a bit more motor. gonna be a long slow build.

picked up some steel wheels from Hodgie now searching for some springs and tires.
    beat up rusted out k5

rip it apart and tub it...
    Thanks,
    67fastback

-------------
    84 Honda cr60r - for sale
    87 Honda 200sx - for sale
    67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
    04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
    87 sami - "SPLAT"
    87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
    88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

Originally posted by 67fastback View Post
      rip it apart and tub it...
      Is he going to drag race it?
      One Country, One Flag, One Language...
      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

picked up some 36" TSL SX's for it last night. gonna pull the tranny to fix the clutch issue this afternoon. ordered my Shackle flip kit and the clocking ring for the 241 yesterday. just gotta get something in order to lift the front 4" to match the rear now.
        beat up rusted out k5

Comment

sounds like u have a good plan going

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
          my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

got the tranny out today. once out, the clutch issue was pretty apparent.

clutch fork was cracked and the throw out bearing was junk. hoping that is all it is, but not sure what caused it to crack in the first place.
            beat up rusted out k5

Comment

tires mounted today, clock ring and shackle flip showed up, and a start on a bumper. might need some tube bent soon, so i will probably be contacting someone on here for that as well for the front bumper.

all i have now is 2 tubes between the frame rails just for something to have, as i plan on taking it out to DTOR next weekend and just wanted something small as a recovery more or less. i plan on welding plate between them for the time being. not sure on how i want the bumper to lay really yet.

beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Check your body mounts...looks like the bottom bushing and washers are gone on the front two, which is pretty common. Start flexing it out and the front clip will be all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                  Check your body mounts...looks like the bottom bushing and washers are gone on the front two, which is pretty common. Start flexing it out and the front clip will be all over the place.
                  the front two are pretty well junk for sure. i plan on fixing them when i narrow the front, as they will be off at that point any way.
                  beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
                    the front two are pretty well junk for sure. i plan on fixing them when i narrow the front, as they will be off at that point any way.
                    Sounds good. Just be careful as the shroud and radiator can get into the fan when you get it flexed out.

Comment

got her all back together and fired up. shifts great now.
                      beat up rusted out k5

Comment

The K-5 is one of my all time favorite vehicles , way back when, I had an 86 with 4" super lift springs and 36" TSL's wheeled it until it fell apart

then the chassis got bastardized under a Cherokee

Comment

drove it for the first time the other night and man do the tires rub. helped with that issue tonight thanks to a grinder, cut off wheel and a mini sledge. welded the rear end as well.

beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Glad to see someone else wheelin a full size Chev besides me.

Comment

wheeled it at DTOR last weekend. broke it too.

axle side u-joint on front drive shaft. started with some bad wheel hop on this hill.

needs more approach angle.
                              beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Working...
                              X