People with signs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People with signs.

How do you guys feel about people claiming to be homeless standing at the corner with signs? I think some are legit. But I have noticed lately I've seen a lot more. I have noticed it's always the same people claiming to be homeless and without jobs. Most of these people seem to be very well dressed. I don't mind giving to people who are truly having a hard time. I don't know what do you guys think?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

There was one a few times on Bypass4 & 129 ... Do you ever see them check their iPhone ? :)
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

there was one downtown by the stadium that had a sign that said "im not going to lie i want a beer" if the light wasnt green i would have gave him money for being honest...
      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Few years back had a guy in my hometown caught at Wal-Mart buying a flat screen tv .. And he is still at it he also has a one eyed dog with him in the summer.... I don't give **** to him better to donate to some local shelter I think..

Comment

F that roll your window down and tell em to get a job at mcdonalds!!! I refuse to hand cas to a begger! 99% of them have on nicer clothes than I do and carry smart phones! When they r done begging they walk around the corner and get in their car and drive home! It's a hussle! Swerve at them and flip them off! Too many people get enough of my money for free! Go get a job or lay in the gutter cold and hungr...I don't care which!

End rant lol
          S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
            F that roll your window down and tell em to get a job at mcdonalds!!! I refuse to hand cas to a begger! 99% of them have on nicer clothes than I do and carry smart phones! When they r done begging they walk around the corner and get in their car and drive home! It's a hussle! Swerve at them and flip them off! Too many people get enough of my money for free! Go get a job or lay in the gutter cold and hungr...I don't care which!

End rant lol
            sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

I was out in colerodo for a while after high school and out there they have to go to the court house and get a free license to prove they have nothing. If they're caught without it they have to pay a fine. The court house makes sure the don't have any assets in their name. I like that idea.
              real trucks dont have spark plugs

Comment

I never give money to people holding signs.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post

End rant lol
                  Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
                  ^^^ x3! I was walking out of a Reds game last summer and noticed a so called "bum" sitting there with a homeless sign and a dog on a leash. As I walked by, I noticed his dog had tags hanging from his collar! Really? Either he was a fake or he stole someones dog!
                  One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                  LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by muddinredneck513 View Post
                    I was out in colerodo for a while after high school and out there they have to go to the court house and get a free license to prove they have nothing. If they're caught without it they have to pay a fine. The court house makes sure the don't have any assets in their name. I like that idea.

So what your sayin is these bums and fakes put a bunch of effort into getting signs and begging for money?

If they put HALF that effort towards getting a FN JOB!!! the world would be much better off!!
                    S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Total scammers. Some of those jerks bring in $100-$200 tax free a day.

Comment

begging

When we lived in Ohio, there was aguy who worked down town cincy who was making over 100,000 dollars, he lost his job, he started begging on street he was able to keep everthing he had, when he was caught, they said he had over 1000 dollars in his pocket.

Comment

i know in down town cincy, beggars are supposed to have a pan handling license to beg on the streets. whether they are checked or not i don't know.

but i have seen in person some one drive up in a newer, nicer vehicle than me get out and walk to the corner with a sign and beg for money.

i rarely ever give money to someone. most of the time, it is all a hustle IMO. sure, there are some that are down on their luck but most are not.
                          beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Any capably adult that lowers themselves to begging will get nothing from me..

I had a spirted "conversation" with a bum at a Reds game who insinuated that I was a bad person because I spent MY money at the ballpark and didn't GIVE it to him.

I don't have any extra cash anyway ... King Hussein assigned me a inner city crackwhore and her litter to support!

Comment

Because of being a plumber I regularly get to drive all over cincy and Dayton. The one that really set me off was in Clifton. A Guy claimed he needed gas money to get home to Columbus. Whatever. Felt generous that day threw him some cash. Few weeks later I see him walking down the sidewalk. I was mad enough that I rolled my window down and said something. But if my family was hungry and I had no other way I would be out there. I get that.
                              91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X