Bedlift for Teryx4 - what are your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedlift for Teryx4 - what are your thoughts

Thinking about doing a bedlift on my Teryx4. This is a fairly popular modification and usually done just for looks. It raises the rear bed up about 4" so the fender opening is equal between the front and back. It would be pretty easy to do and I think it gives it a better, more aggressive look.

Here are some pictures I stole off the internet. Let me know what you think.

Stock

After raising bed up 4"

Definitely looks better lifted.

How much does it weigh? Enough to mess with the center of gravity?
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

To me it looks better unmodified . The small kick-up in the back of the rear door lines up and transfers the body line nicely into the bed in stock form...with the bed up high it just looks odd and mismatched to me.

I could see doing it if you where making clearance for bigger tires or more wheel travel but for looks , no thanks. It just makes loading the bed more difficult and pushes the COG up which doesn't sound like a good idea in a off road rig.

Comment

You guys are not helping me any! Keep going back and forth on it but need to figure it out before building a bumper. Doubt the bed weighs more than 50 lbs so not worried about the CG, and the bed just holds a gear bag and cooler

Comment

Split the difference, raise it two inches.
          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

I vote that you leave it alone Brad.
            1976 CJ 5
            1984 CJ 7
            1993 K3500 GMC 6.5 TD

Comment

I also think it looks better left alone. Might look better if the decals matched afterward.

Comment

Found a picture with the rear portion of the decal/stripe moved down to match (though it doesn't look to be perfectly straight with the rest of the stripe).

Like I said before, it doesn't serve any purpose except for looks and is something I could do in a few hours for the cost of some scrap metal

Last edited by blazerbrad; 04-18-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I would raise it. Makes the cage look shorter in the rear.
                  Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Drivermod View Post
                    I would raise it. Makes the cage look shorter in the rear.
                    Funny you mention that. Cage chops are pretty popular also on these.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                      Funny you mention that. Cage chops are pretty popular also on these.
                      Yep, I've been thinking about getting one and have done a fair amount of research.
                      Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Working...
                      X