Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlan and SxS's

Yay or nay?

It's been years since I was there and I was a passenger then so I have limited memory of the place but how would UTV'S fare ?

Sometimes places just need a tire bigger than 30" .

I took mine there last year and had a blast. We went from one side to the other. Just be careful not to hit truck only trails. Our leader went down a truck only class 4 trail and one guy ended up in the hospital. He was on a 4 wheeler. Windrock would be another place I would like to hit. You could cruise for hours. Royal blue is another I'd like to hit and is massive. Over 600 miles of trails and 200,000 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
      I took mine there last year and had a blast. We went from one side to the other. Just be careful not to hit truck only trails. Our leader went down a truck only class 4 trail and one guy ended up in the hospital. He was on a 4 wheeler. Windrock would be another place I would like to hit. You could cruise for hours. Royal blue is another I'd like to hit and is massive. Over 600 miles of trails and 200,000 acres.
      That's good to hear..Harlan gets a bunch of talk but it never seems to include SxS's and ATV's. The group I ride with has been to Rush three times in the last 6 months so where thinking of branching out and Windrock and Harlan where on the top of the list. Were also wanting to see the new area for full size rigs at Hatfield McCoy..and I'd heard of Royal but never knew the type of challanges it had.

Comment

Royal blue is part of the north Cumberland trail system, so I'd say it would be lots of fun. It makes windrock look tiny. I would like to hit the McCoy trails someday on the rzr.

Comment

I plan to hit Hatfield this fall at some point with the sxs and the trail.rig both (differant trips)
          www.offroadohio.com
          www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
          www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
          www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
            Yay or nay?

It's been years since I was there and I was a passenger then so I have limited memory of the place but how would UTV'S fare ?

Sometimes places just need a tire bigger than 30" .
            An update: I went to Harlan last month with the rzr and had a great time. We rode about 60 miles in 2 days. I went up Mason Jar with not much effort. Luckily someone stacked rocks on the 2 big rocks at the start, so that made it easier. I made it through fish fossil, and got half way through rail bed and got hung up and almost rolled over, so I turned around and bailed. I running basically a 26" tire and did pretty hard trails. There's plenty of everything there.

Comment

Working...
            X