2017 RZR XPT Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
    Winter wheeling isn't bad, it's winter camping that sucks. I'm headed to harlan feb 17. Staying on the putney side in an rv spot. I'd go to rush if i had a place to plug my camper in.
    I will be camping in Gatlinburg on the 17th. We may cross paths!
    sigpic

Comment

Removed dash and console for wiring. Cage finished up. Winch, light wiring left.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Installing high clearance radius arms. Rear bumper will need to be clearance for this to work with full suspension travel.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Cage is .120 wall in critical areas and .090 in remaining areas. Gussets double as grab handles and anchor points. Tied into bumpers as well as the front and rear frame. This will improve the factory cage structure and integrity by more than double.

One big dilemma is weather or not to build the front diff before it blows. It will be easier to get to with the winch out. This entails a stronger billet bearing cage from 7075 grade aluminum, roll pin upgraded from .093 to .125 hardened dowel, hardened toner ring and spring tuned. Not sure yet.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
            Cage is .120 wall in critical areas and .090 in remaining areas. Gussets double as grab handles and anchor points. Tied into bumpers as well as the front and rear frame. This will improve the factory cage structure and integrity by more than double.

One big dilemma is weather or not to build the front diff before it blows. It will be easier to get to with the winch out. This entails a stronger billet bearing cage from 7075 grade aluminum, roll pin upgraded from .093 to .125 hardened dowel, hardened toner ring and spring tuned. Not sure yet.
            Build the diff now. With that much power and bigger tires, it will die. Plus, I've seen the way you drive.

Comment

Is it done?

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad
                I've been talking to a guy on another forum that rides almost every weekend down there. He has gotten stopped once in 7 years for a warning on one of the gravel roads.

There is a volunteer work day on 3/25 for the new Hollerwood Park.
                I was thinking about going to the volunteer day but I don't really know if I have the time or the spare money right now to give up at day.

But it would be a great way to meet the folks involved with the park and get definite answers on good sxs parking.

I will go ahead and create a thread about a side by side ride in Slade that way we can move this discussion over there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                Last edited by donaldcon; 03-15-2017, 09:22 AM.
                www.offroadohio.com
                www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
                www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
                www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Red river gorge area. Hit carb, Townsend cave, Smyth cemetery, dune buggy hill, hat box etc... 40 degrees and rain was rough but covered 65 miles in 6 hours.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Wish I knew you were going, I'd had came down for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                    www.offroadohio.com
                    www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
                    www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
                    www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

Working...
                    X