No announcement yet.

Before & After - My 1993 K1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i run a 16" wide on 10" wheels. i don't see 18" as a big issue on 10" either

your truck is offroad only right? if so, you will never notice 1/2". general Rule of thumb is to keep your gear ratios/tire sizes within 2 %. keep it under a 2% difference, and the difference is negligible. that is about a 1.2% difference in height, and since circumference is a direct relationship to diameter, same applies.
    beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I don't see any issue with mounting an 18" wide tire on an 10" wheel. I run the 39.5x15.5 and a buddy runs 42x15.5 TSL's on 8" wide rims with no issues for several years...so if you can run 15.5 on 8 you can run 18 on 10.

In pictures those 42" Boggers look really skinny and the 42" TSL look wide, would think it might look a little weird if that is true if you put TSL front and Bogger rear (of course I'm talking looks so it might not do as well at a car show). The slight difference in tire height should not be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
        i run a 16" wide on 10" wheels. i don't see 18" as a big issue on 10" either

your truck is offroad only right? if so, you will never notice 1/2". general Rule of thumb is to keep your gear ratios/tire sizes within 2 %. keep it under a 2% difference, and the difference is negligible. that is about a 1.2% difference in height, and since circumference is a direct relationship to diameter, same applies.
        Yeah, dedicated off-road rig. That's what I was thinking, but wanted more input.

Originally posted by coachholland
        If there's anyone in the country that has them outside of that guy down in TN, its going to be 4wheelparts. All the other places you mentions aren't even direct with Interco. 4wheelonline is some little office in Florida that never lays their hands on an actual part, that factoryoutletstore is the same thing. Some guy on the 20th floor of a building in NYC. NTB is direct and carry actual product, but don't carry much of Interco's stuff since the Denman fiasco several years back. Pretty much the same with everyone else outside 4WheelParts.

4wheelparts Swamper inventory never evens sees the Interco warehouse in Louisiana. They bypass that and have them shipped in direct from Mexico. I'd give them a call and see what they've got.
        Called 4wheelparts and no deal. Said there is no ETA on them either. They have plenty of boggers, TSLs and Iroks.

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
        I don't see any issue with mounting an 18" wide tire on an 10" wheel. I run the 39.5x15.5 and a buddy runs 42x15.5 TSL's on 8" wide rims with no issues for several years...so if you can run 15.5 on 8 you can run 18 on 10.

In pictures those 42" Boggers look really skinny and the 42" TSL look wide, would think it might look a little weird if that is true if you put TSL front and Bogger rear (of course I'm talking looks so it might not do as well at a car show). The slight difference in tire height should not be an issue.
        The 42.5" Bogger is only 13.5" wide, so you're right.

Originally posted by Flint
        93Krawler, I looked back a couple of pages to see if you have a bead lock setup but didn't see that you did. Did I miss it? I only ask because lack of bead locks had impact on my tire setup.
        Yes I have bead locks. Look back to page 1.

For $138 more than the 39.5's, I can get the 42's. If I go 42's, I'll have to move the front axle forward and increase my wheelbase by 2-3". I'd like to have 42's, but not a 120" wheelbase... Unless down the road I link the rear and shorten the wheelbase. Then I could remove 2' of the back that I needed for the shackles. Think I just talked myself into it...

Comment

The 42 boggers are very narrow especially where the actual tread is... The sidewall is wider than the actual tread... I didn't like the looks it function of them
          S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
            The 42 boggers are very narrow especially where the actual tread is... The sidewall is wider than the actual tread... I didn't like the looks it function of them
            The specs say the tread is 10", same as my rim. lol. That would look dumb as hell.

I really want to run a bogger in the rear because my truck is heavy and that sucks when it's muddy. Gravity is a *****. An 18" wide bogger would get real good traction. If I do 42's, then it'll have to be 4- 42" TSL's. I swore I wouldn't run 4 TSL's again. Such decisions...

Comment

aetna cut TSL = Almost as good as a bogger IMO in the mud.
              beat up rusted out k5

Comment

The Aetna cut looks as if it would be a good compromise cut for TSL's. I'm not convinced it would be as good as a bogger but it might give better bite, better cleaning for a TSL. I think I'll research it for possible use on my TSL's on front/ boggers on back.
                Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
                2000 Wrangler TJ
                1967 CJ5A
                2004 Tow rig

Comment

aetna cut TSL = Almost as good as a bogger IMO in the mud.
                  I've seen this many times, but I'd have a hard time paying $450 for a tire and cutting half the tread off.

Comment

The concept of cutting tread off a 450 dollar tire doesn't bother me IF it actually improves performance. I've been spending money on the jeep to improve it since I bought the jeep.

The change looks like it might improve thrust, help cleaning and not impact directional control for steering. Unfortunately I don't know that to be true and haven't read many reports as of now. I also worry that cutting the tire to that extent would accelerate wear or cause premature failure.

It's something to think about...
                    Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
                    2000 Wrangler TJ
                    1967 CJ5A
                    2004 Tow rig

Comment

The 44 blem bogger rear and 43 Sx front

Themselves match the 43 with half inch.... I like the fat boggers myself

Comment

If u wanna better pics I can take some when it comes back from exhaust shop

Comment

The 44 looks good that wide. Looks proportional. Are the rims 17 x 12?
                          Muffler shop... Does that mean it's almost ready to wheel?

The 39.5 x 15 TSL Bogger combo will run me $2050 shipped. A set of 43 x 17 SX will run me $2350 shipped. If I can get enough from my tires and rims to cover new rims, I would do it. Anyone have some 17x10 rims with beadlocks they want to sell or trade?

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                            The 44 looks good that wide. Looks proportional. Are the rims 17 x 12?
                            Muffler shop... Does that mean it's almost ready to wheel?

The 39.5 x 15 TSL Bogger combo will run me $2050 shipped. A set of 43 x 17 SX will run me $2350 shipped. If I can get enough from my tires and rims to cover new rims, I would do it. Anyone have some 17x10 rims with beadlocks they want to sell or trade?
                            16.5 h1s... It aint far off from bein done just don't have time to finish been workin ton of hours .... That great American dream of small business ownership

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                              I've seen this many times, but I'd have a hard time paying $450 for a tire and cutting half the tread off.
                              i can understand that. i believe i would have that same issue if i ever bought new tires.
                              beat up rusted out k5

Comment

i can understand that. i believe i would have that same issue if i ever bought new tires.
                                It's only $$ lol if I had 2 more blem boggers I these woukd already b cut but they wear out so much faster and with not bein able to buy em I kinda want em to last... Hoping they start makin 47 Ltb again

Comment

Working...
                                X