GPS maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS maps

If you want a killer gps map of the black mountain trails and many others, look at https://www.vvmapping.com/ I used it last weekend at Harlan and it was awesome. It was missing the short trail that runs the bottom on valve stem and grape vine. Probably because it's not atv friendly. The trail running at the top of them was there though. It was well worth $40.00. Plus, he sends you an sd card you can put in your gps so you don't even have to hook it to a pc if you don't want to.

What GPS do you use with topo? Looking for about a 5" screen, has custom mapping and is robust for trail use. I will also use it for road use. Any suggestions appreciated and hope not to hijack the thread.
    Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
    2000 Wrangler TJ
    1967 CJ5A
    2004 Tow rig

Comment

I use the nuvi 2797. Has a nice wide screen.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight.
        2000 Wrangler TJ
        1967 CJ5A
        2004 Tow rig

Comment

I have to say the Rush off road map is a must...very good. I am going to get these as well.
          sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

I just ordered these. They look pretty good on the GPS. I will be trying out the Rush map next weekend and the Royal Blue maps at the end of march.

Comment

Originally posted by Ky Mudhunter View Post
              I just ordered these. They look pretty good on the GPS. I will be trying out the Rush map next weekend and the Royal Blue maps at the end of march.
              The free gps map of Rush was pretty good. I got the free ones for Windrock, Brimstone, Royal Blue, and Wildcat. I'd say he combined all the free maps and filled in the rest by riding them. Harlan was the one I was missing. The maps are sweet!

Comment

I contacted Garmin about custom maps for the Garmin 2797 and Garmin said to contact the map supplier. I have to think that model will take custom maps from the way you all respond. Could someone please say YES / No it will load a custom map like Rush? Thanks, just need to know before I spend almost 300 for a Garmin.
                2000 Wrangler TJ
                1967 CJ5A
                2004 Tow rig

Comment

Can't say if it will work on that unit. Mine are loaded onto a Nuvi 265 using the SD so I didn't have to hook up the computer to load the maps. Does it have a slot for an SD card? If has the slot I would guess that they will work./

Comment

I use the 2797 and have lots of maps installed. Most of the maps are made for garmins. I installed garmins free map software to update my unit and load custom maps. The 2797 leaves tracks and has killer traffic detours if there is an issue on the highway. Get a good solid mount for your rig. It's heavy and falls off the stock mount.

Comment

Thanks Krawler, that seems like a great course of action. I like the unit and it is right priced. If I can load the free map s/w and custom maps it almost seals the deal.

Thanks for the mount feedback. If the mount can't handle the shaking I'll make a more robust mount.

Two years ago I was at Rush to help check the trail map. The custom map was up to 160 trails and we were on every one of them. I haven't been to Rush since Oct, 2 years ago so I will be amazed at the possible number of trails.

It will be a lonely ride as the only jeep among all those razors at Rush.
                      2000 Wrangler TJ
                      1967 CJ5A
                      2004 Tow rig

Comment

Working...
                      X